No - That's Me Over Here! Page 2

Quote: Ben @ 17th July 2014, 5:34 PM BST

Do any of the older readers remember this Ronnie Corbett sitcom which ran from 1967 - 70? Ronnie Corbett is a commuter working in an insurance office and has social and business aspirations above his station. From what I've read, the first two black and white series are missing presumed lost, but the one colour series survives.

Anyway, there is a black and white episode floating about 'out there' which I managed to get hold of along with a colour episode. I'm going to write a piece on it for my retro telly blog at some point. I've watched the b/w episode and it's not too bad. It's very 'retro sitcom' e.g. the boss (who fought in the war) gets invited to Ronnie's house for dinner, but, uh-oh, Ronnie's wife's invited a German round as well.

It ran for three series, so must have been popular at the time, but it's somewhat forgotten now. Probably due to its 'wiped' status.

Yes. The title is very familiar. I reckon it must have been pretty big at the time if I can recall it. I hadn't even reached the age for junior school. But, also, isn't the title a sort of forerunner to the sort of things he would say - eg "oh there you are, thought you had gone away" - in The Two Ronnies chair?

I think I saw Ronnie himself filming some of the outdoor sequences outside a house in Glenwood Grove, Kingsbury when being walked home from primary school aged 4 or 5. I guess that makes me one of the older members....

That's a great bit of trivia and a nice little memory, Ian! :)