Armando Iannucci joins Baby Cow Productions

http://www.televisual.com/news-detail/Iannucci-joins-Baby-Cow_nid-684.html

In my opinion: excellent news! :)

Who?

Quote: Bill Jaguar @ June 22 2011, 9:32 PM BST

Who?

If you don't know who he is, this might not be the best forum for you. ;)

o/ My hand up too, I didn't know who he was.

I shall get my hat and coat.

As Chip says!

I'm very well acquainted with him, so can I stop here and admire the view?

Quote: Bill Jaguar @ June 22 2011, 9:32 PM BST

Who?

He's an ugly fella.

Looks-wise: imagine Bill Murray's reflection on the back of a spoon.

Both Bill Murray and Armando are fine looking men.

I thought he was always with Baby Cow.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/16/armando-iannucci-honours-system

Quote: don rushmore @ June 23 2011, 12:00 PM BST

Looks-wise: imagine Bill Murray's reflection on the back of a spoon.

Ha ha, a very accurate description.

On the OBE thing, I do think he's left the door open for criticism, and even satire. He should expect a slating really, and yes, I think it does weaken all future political satire from him. Why do political satirists not think it's a problem to accept gongs from the establishment they've made their career out of knocking? It's pure hypocricy!

If his response is that he's been rewarded for doing a vital job of keeping the political establishment in check then he really is as pompous as he looks, good comedy writer or not. He's handed Campbell a gift horse on a plate Errr here and well done to Campbell for having a dig, quite right!

Shame Campbell came out of the exchange as the moron, then. ;)

Armando mocks politicians, not the monarchy, I'd have thought?

Bloke who went to private school, then Oxford, then joined the BBC suddenly becomes 'Establishment' when he picks up the lowest honour they can give him???*

He was always 'establishment', Grandad.

(*Not including that medal they reserve for total plebs, obviously)

From the headline tweets they showed, I think Campbell won the exchange hands down. He is a fairly bitter type but he makes his political/moral points very well.

Well no, not in agreement on that one, because when you attack the governing/opposition politicos and their relationship with Whitehall and the media in the way that AI has done then you're attacking the establishment, or making fun of it, and the monarchy sit at the head of this establishment.

Much more importantly is the manner in which they've been sent up, suggesting constant hypocricy, duplicity, conniving, facts massaging, spinning, lackying in order to get honours and lucrative post parliament jobs, and when the chief satirist of all this dodgy stuff accepts a gong himself, then, as AD rightly points out, something smells a bit orf!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ June 17 2012, 11:38 AM BST

From the headline tweets they showed, I think Campbell won the exchange hands down.

I think maybe you didn't read it properly?