Shelfstackers

I've just noticed this on BBC iPlayer. Not watched it yet so wondered if anybody had seen it and wondered if it was any good.

Something must be said here for BBC Publicity though. I hadn't even heard of this until I browsed the 'Comedy' bit of iPlayer to find it's at episode 4 and is broadcast at 12:50 on Saturday nights! What the hell is going on here?! No publicity at all?! Thought I would have heard at least *something*!

Dan

It's all right.

Aaron likes it!

There are moments of funny, but it seems to move quite slowly, to me. It's a bit static, and somehow... quiet.
(And no I don't need to adjust the volume on my telly.)

Is this the really, really cheap thing that's on a Sunday or Saturday morning?

It's a teen show.

Not worth catching up on, in my opinion.

Quote: swerytd @ September 27 2010, 4:10 PM BST

I hadn't even heard of this until I browsed the 'Comedy' bit of iPlayer to find it's at episode 4 and is broadcast at 12:50 on Saturday nights!

Afternoon. But yes, it's had absolutely no publicity. I just happened to stumble across it literally half an hour before episode 1 was due to broadcast.

And as zooo said, I've been really enjoying it.

Pretty lightweight imo. Not awful, perhaps even charming, but there were few actual laughs, and strangely very little if any humour derived from the actual situation. It could have been set anywhere.

Just wanted to add my two cents as an outsider. :)
I'm an American but a HUGE fan of Brittish TV for years....and I found Shelfstackers hilarious.

Anyone know if it's coming back for another series?

I wonder if they stole my ideas from my Red Planet entry.