The Missing Minister for Men? Page 2

Quote: Marc P @ June 10 2010, 10:41 PM BST

Never apologise for your comedy.... if you want to do it as a pro like.

I guess you didn't catch the point. The point was that if I'd hear someone using my material I could finally catch the bastard who stole it. I'd never apologise for my comedy, even my lame jokes. The lame jokes are only there to make the good ones stick out more ;)

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 10 2010, 8:38 PM BST

Hey Nick,

sorry to hear about your experience, sounds like your good nature was taken advantage of. Fortunatley now you're in London and there are lots of comedy outfits looking for contributors. Immerse yourself in the scene, make lots of contacts and friends and I'm sure you'll find a rewarding portal for your material.

Keep at it, and good luck.

Thanks, yeah I came here to get into this scene so that's definitely what I'm about to do :)

The best thing about having comedians as friends is you'll be always having a laugh. Or needing a shot of Jack D to smoothen out the cries of the thousand toddlers screaming in your head. It's a win-win situation no matter what!

The point was that if I'd hear someone using my material I could finally catch the bastard who stole it.

And if you caught him/her - what would you do?

Give him a hug.

:O They're at it again! http://www.gumtree.com/london/15/60184615.html I don't know what's going on anymore. This was the e-mail they sent me after I was accepted in, except those questions were the ones I previously answered.

I've never seen a real ad on Gumtree.
I'd avoid it like the plague.

Quote: Nick Flanagan @ June 14 2010, 10:59 AM BST

:O They're at it again! http://www.gumtree.com/london/15/60184615.html I don't know what's going on anymore. This was the e-mail they sent me after I was accepted in, except those questions were the ones I previously answered.

Are you going to submit some more material, Nick? Pleased

Quote: chipolata @ June 14 2010, 12:49 PM BST

Are you going to submit some more material, Nick? Pleased

Nah, I just reported them to gumtree.com.

Quote: Nick Flanagan @ June 14 2010, 12:53 PM BST

Nah, I just reported them to gumtree.com.

:O

Quote: chipolata @ June 14 2010, 12:54 PM BST

:O

*gasps*

Has anybody ever found anything even vaguely useful on Gumtree?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 14 2010, 1:14 PM BST

I did find my room from there. Wasn't even a bad rent, only 295 per month.

Quote: Nick Flanagan @ June 14 2010, 1:16 PM BST

I did find my room from there. Wasn't even a bad rent, only 295 per month.

Okay, well that's one.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 14 2010, 1:18 PM BST

Okay, well that's one.

I also got a job through there actually today! Dauuum! That's two!

Wow, it's been a long while since I've been here... been too busy to come back and post anything.

Anyways, I did get an email from the guy, responding to me that I should apologise for calling him a douche or a bad guy. Well, I do apologise for making him appear dishonest and I appreciate him apologising to me for not letting me know if I had been selected or not, even if it took a bit long.

As for my defence, however, I have to say that being in a city like this where the competition is tough, it was easy for me to think that something like this might happen. I've heard of people stealing material just by going to some stand-up gigs and listening to comedians complaining about it. When I didn't get any response and saw the same advert running again and again on gumtree, I felt I was being scammed.

Apparently, Tom Martin has launched his own Twitter feed for Min4Men (http://twitter.com/#!/MIN4MEN) so if anyone of you are interested in checking what he's doing, feel free to go there and support him!

Best of luck to you, Tom!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 14 2010, 12:14 PM GMT

Koala bears?