A Child's Christmases In Wales

I have looked but can't see a thread for this. Apologies if there is one.

Did anybody see it? It was on BBC Two at a really odd time yesterday (between 5:30 - 6:30 in the evening).

Written by Mark Watson; an idea he had from a Dylan Thomas story, it was excellent.

Very funny in a gentle understated way for the most part with great performances from all the cast. The only in yer face stuff was the excellent Paul Kaye's turn as the drunken odd-ball uncle (which by necessity was more OTT). He was superb.

I'd suggest that it's worth a gander on the old iPlayer.

I concur. One of the best things I have watched over Christmas. Ruth Jones was great in it too.

Caught this over Crimbo and enjoyed it as well. As Blenkinsop mentioned, great performances from all of the cast and though some of the 'regional' in-jokes were lost on me, it was still good and shit.

Recommended.

This was by far the best thing I've seen this Christmas - it's got quality oozing from every pore - and the BBC in its infinite bloody stupidity and its usual staggering lack of viewer-awareness buried it.

Still, full marks to the Beeb for making it in the first place.

It's excellent.

I agree, Ming, this should have been primetime Beeb 2 and heavily promoted because it was a true highlight.