Humour hotlines

Hi this is a project I'm currently writing for.

They asked me to put out some press releases (as written by yours truly)

So listen and laugh!

Humour Hotlines reach the UK!

London, UK - August 25, 2011 - Have you ever wanted to tell that loser hitting on you in a bar that they're less likely to score then the Scottish football team? Have you ever needed to tell your boss the only thing that stinks worse than his attitude is his BO? Or have you ever hoped to persuade the office loser that an India call centre is handling your social life?

Through history we've come up with numerous new and exciting ways to communicate with that pillock you wouldn't pee on if they were on fire. First there were smoke signals, then e-mail, then the SMS text. Each technological mile stone allowed us to communicate that little bit less with the office weirdo and the creepy guy down at the pub.

Recently there has been a quantum leap in douche bag avoidance technology. Introducing an exciting new evolution in the world of communications - The Humour Hotline!

When you need to tell some unbearable git something of vital importance such as "you're a crap shag," "your breath smells," "I think you might be mentally ill" or "when I see you crossing the road I'm going to run you over" - you no longer need to go to all the bother of telling them to their face. Just send them a UK local number and let Humour Hotlines take the strain.

Humour Hotlines UK releases include: The Rejection HotlineĀ® (020 7979 1045), Bad Breath Notification (020 7979 1044) and the Psychiatric Hotline (020 7979 0017), plus a number of other ways to waste your time can be found at www.HumourHotlines.co.uk.

But what is a Humour Hotline? Humour Hotlines are the straight talking friend we all wish we had for those things that are so hard to say. Humour Hotlines are the ultimate wingman when you're on the pull. They're also the most excellent way of wasting your company's phone bill, when you need a mid-afternoon laugh at work.

The really great thing is calls to Humour Hotlines cost the price of a local phone call. Simply give the message recipient the number and ask them to dial in their own time. Perhaps a little encouragement, such as, putting it on a scented valentines card, a post it note marked urgent or a card offering a good time in a phone.. You don't even need to hang around to hear their piteous crying as a hilarious recording lets them know their dumped, sacked or just got no friends.

Humour Hotlines were first created in the US by founder Jeff Goldblatt 10 years ago. Jeff's first Humour Hotline was The Rejection HotlineĀ® which allowed attractive girls in bars to let the poor shlub hitting on them know they were out of luck. How Jeff came up with this clever idea we'll never know, he's certainly not telling. HumorHotlines.com, the US property, now produces hundreds of Hotlines that have collectively received more than 300 million calls in the last ten years.

Don't delay dial today! It's the fifth emergency service for the terminally un-amused or NHS direct for people who broke their funny bones. Humour Hotlines are the perfect way to communicate in the 21st century, at least until you can tell someone to sod off telepathically.

About HumourHotlines.co.uk

HumorHotlines.com recently launched HumourHotlines.co.uk in the United Kingdom to complement it's hundreds of humourous concepts, interactive websites and other entertainment properties in the United States. HumorHotlines.com loyal audience consists of young adults aged 16-29. The Company's audio properties include The Rejection HotlineĀ® (1-

212-660-2245), Calls to Santa (1-781-452-0836), and a suite of Notification Numbers. While existing concepts endure, the Company regularly launches new hotlines to satisfy its growing fan base. Visit HumorHotlines.com to learn more.

Good stuff Sooty, in fact that gives me an idea for a project you could help me with, could you give me a call on 020 7979 0017? Ta.

er sure,that's not a humour hotline is it?

You wrote all of that then? It's good and polished not like the Sootyj of yesteryear who had a ramshackle and haphazard approach.

Yes I wrote it you cheeky sod.

Quote: sootyj @ August 30 2011, 2:50 AM BST

er sure,that's not a humour hotline is it?

Haha, maybe... just wanted to put your good work to use! But yeah, that was well written press release, could be new avenue for you?

I wish