Terry Wogan RIP Page 2

Can we cancel Eurovision now? :(

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 31st January 2016, 4:11 PM GMT

Can we cancel Eurovision now? :(

It's about time we gave up with that farce.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st January 2016, 5:06 PM GMT

It's about time we gave up with that farce.

Is it true that the late Sir Tel used to quaff a whole bottle of Bailey's during his commentaries?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 31st January 2016, 5:38 PM GMT

Is it true that the late Sir Tel used to quaff a whole bottle of Bailey's during his commentaries?

Probably - keeps the old tubes lubricated. I would need a bottle of brandy to do the same.

The One Show is devoted to Sir Terence tomorrow night at 7 on BBC 1 if anyone is interested.

RIP Terry Wogan.

RIP A very funny man.

Yes - one of the first DJs on Radio 1 and he wasn't a Pirate.

RIP Mr Wogan. A lovely warm, humourous man.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st January 2016, 9:12 PM GMT

The One Show is devoted to Sir Terence tomorrow night at 7 on BBC 1 if anyone is interested.

If they aren't, it will be cancelled.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st January 2016, 9:12 PM GMT

A very nice tribute in this extended programme. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st February 2016, 8:34 PM GMT

A very nice tribute in this extended programme. :)

Couldn't agree more they did a great tribute to him.

i never met the guy but I have to say I really liked him and actually bawled my eyes out watching the One Show tribute. I'd stop then five minutes later I'd be off again and I don't think I've seen a more perfect tribute to anyone.
You hear stories about people being that kind but a lot of the time there's still something that sits in the back of your mind going "he/she's not really that nice y'know, he/she is actually a complete and utter bastard" but with Sir Terry you really could believe that he was as nice and kind as people said he was.

The thing I loved most about him was how professional he was in any given situation yet at the same time there was an air about him that it could all go very very wrong at any second.

He did himself many favours by endearing himself to wider audience latterly with appearances on popular shows aimed at younger demographic, but I immediately thought of Clive James on this day as another broadcaster who "is embarrassed to still be alive" http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/oct/10/clive-james-still-being-alive-is-embarrassing

Had privilege of meeting him at Edinburgh Festival and reminds me so much of my Dad - another freak of nature but lost his battle a short while ago.