Skit Comp 21 - 28.10

More fine stuff so congratulations to GAPPY for a rare win. It isn't really rare at all. I was joking. PM me with a subject for next wank please.
Hence:

Votes - Points - Name
6 - 10 - Gappy
2 - 5 - Darren Hoskins
1 - 1 - Otterfox, Halfway Gangster, Stylee Ting Ting
Special mention: Craig H

Your new subject: GEOGRAPHY (chosen by Zepp). I once told my geography teacher I was lost! He said, F**k off you c**t.

Rules:
One entry/vote per person. Anyone can enter regardless of colour, sexual preferences or inside leg measurement, except Sid Vicious because he is dead.
Can be a sketch, joke, lyric or anything else as long as it's yours and vaguely linked to the topic. Please try to only post your entry/vote and no other posts.
You can edit your entry as much as you want, up until the closing time.

Competition Closes: 28.10.14

Overall Leader Board is now:
Position - Points - Name
1 - 51 - Gappy
2 - 21 - Stylee Ting Ting
3 - 16 - Otterfox
4 - 15 - Darren Hoskins, Nick81
5 - 12 - me
6 - 11 - Craig H
7 - 10 - Zepp, Tiggy
8 - 6 - Halfway Gangster
9 - 5 - Nigel Kelly, Pugsmith, Ahem, Some Yoke

Set in 2040

MARTIN IS WATCHING THE TELEVISION IN DISGUST

MARTIN

Can you believe they got a f**king yes vote?

STEVE(O.S)

What?

STEVE ENTERS THE ROOM

STEVE (CONT)

Oh they didn't.

MARTIN

Yeah, I know. Can't believe it. It was bloody Scotland who got the ball rolling.

STEVE

Didn't work out first time, either. Should have just stopped it there.

MARTIN

Couldn't agree more Steve, couldn't agree more. These f**king lefties, they let anyone get away with anything. I'm surprised they were even established as a province! But independence... that's something else.

STEVE

Well actually, I thought that was acceptable, but no, not independence.

MARTIN

How was it acceptable?!

STEVE

They're a different bloody species! They only drink out of cans, and..

STEVE SHUDDERS

STEVE (CONT)

The faces. You know, if a no vote wasn't in our interests, I'd be happy for them.

MARTIN

Yeah, what happened was a travesty and everything. Maybe on a human level, it's better this way.

STEVE

They aren't human.

MARTIN

Oh now you're just being racist. They're human by law. It was our bloody fault anyway, we built the power station and the wo-

STEVE

Work wasn't finished, yeah, so?

MARTIN

So it was an accident waiting to happen!

STEVE

Nobody thought they'd turn into actual lego!

MARTIN

Well I know that Steven, but it bloody well happened didn't it?

MARTIN GESTURES TO THE TELEVISION- A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE NEWLY INDEPENDENT LEGOLAND AND ENGLAND ATTEMPT TO SHAKE HANDS- STEVE WINCES

STEVE

They can't even do it, Christ.

MARTIN

I mean, a f**king nuclear power plant next to a theme park.

STEVE

You can't call it a theme park.

MARTIN (SIGHING)

Next to Legoland.

STEVE (LEAVING THEM ROOM)

The world's gone mad.

1: I say, my wife's gone to the West Indies.

2: Jamaica?

1: Yes. Yes I did.

2: Good to see you're taking this UKIP candidacy seriously, anyway.

1: Yep. And, as a bonus, it will mean one more foreigner out of a post that a proper Brit can do.

2: Nice one! What was your wife's job?

1: Ambassador for Trinidad.

2: Oh, I could so do that.

1: I know. You love calypso.

2: Ain't dat de trut', mon!

When Scandinavian women go to Brazil they have to put their watch back. 8,592 years.

Guy 1: Discovery Nazis have been a big hit. Big Hit supertastic hit. So what are we going to do to match it.
Guy 2: How about Discovery Mongols,
G1: Gengis Khan I don't know, bit done with the Moustaches.
G2: Well how about the Romans.
G1: That is so 20th Century
Guy 3: Pretty sure it is before the 20th Century
G1: Fine then smart arse whats your pitch.
G3: How about Discovery Geography
G1: Go on.
G3: Well we could have shows like Extreme Ox bow lake hunters, amm Ox bow lakes gone wild amm OX bow lakes truckers
G1: Ok tell me this and tell me no more. Who are the Nazis of Geography
G3: oh probably Glaciers.
G1: They sound a bit girly
G3: Not at all they like to charge about the place crushing everything under them. Carving swades into their enemies land. Then when they reach the sea they engage in Kamikase attacks. Without a thought for themselves they cast themselves into the sea. Mercilessly creating a powerful naval force that in 1912 sunk the Titantic.
G1: Oh dear God why hasn't anyone heard of this.
G3: Oh because they work very slow they do this in such minute steps that no one notices, Until. BOOM. U shaped valley.
G1: My God the poor Norwegians.
G3: Yip had a hard time of it alright. but you have to remember these are not just any old Nazis. They are super Nazis because wait for it. They would love the Russian Winter.
G1: Oh my God undefeatable Nazis. We are all DOOMED.
G3: No worries they don't like the sun.
G1. So your saying they are Vampire Nazis. Brilliant they are the best nazis after zombie nazis. Get this channel on the air. Any other ideas
G2: The Accounting Channel, then
G1: That doesn't add up.

Mr STEBBINS- Morning Boys.

BOYS- Good Morning Mr Stebbins....

Mr STEBBINS- Right Boys, I have here the results of your Geography Multiple Choice test ....
And frankly, they drove me like "the third largest export from the Central
American, Constitutional Monarchy of Belize" .....
Anyone....? Unman.....?

UNMAN- a)..Bananas, Sir.....?

Mr STEBBINS- No......

WITTERING- b) Nuts? Sir.....

Mr STEBBINS- No, .....Anyone else?....

SLIGO- c) Batty? ....

Mr STEBBINS- Yes Sligo, sadly, Belize is one of the 12 Caribbean countries where legally
enshrined homophobia has caused an exodus of gay people, - well,
the ones that could afford it anyway. And who can blame them?

BOYS- Well said Sir!

Mr STEBBINS- Thank you Boys.
Well done Sligo, now see me after Class for Punishment, - for use of unacceptable derogatory language.....

SLIGO- Oh but Sir.....! That's so unfair!, ..... It's only the 2 slang usages of the word
"batty" - "a bit mad" and " the nasty, Jamaican Patois one", that fulfill the sketches necessary
double meaning and so, allow your proper political point to be made....

Mr STEBBINS- Nobody likes a smartarse Sligo.....

INT. SPACESHIP --

Captain Zapp and his assistant Flynn voyage through space.

ZAPP
Planet Earth you say?

FLYNN
Yes. It's inhabited by Humans.

ZAPP
So this was the source of the signal?

FLYNN
I'm positive captain. Here's the summary sheet.

ZAPP
Oprah?

FLYNN
It's the closest thing they have to God.

ZAPP
What is child birth? I have not seen anything like it.

FLYNN
It's how they continue their species' existence.

ZAPP
Birthdays?

FLYNN
It's a sort of ritual they partake in to celebrate the painful looking process of childbirth. It's a gathering of sort.

ZAPP
Why would you want to celebrate such a thing?

FLYNN
I'm not sure why they want to celebrate such a horrendous event but they congregate in order to commemorate the very moment, with cakes as such.

ZAPP
That's f**ked up.

FLYNN
It's only a matter of time before they destroy themselves naturally given the rate of their technological advancements.

ZAPP
Good

FLYNN
But we'll take advantage of this and expose ourselves so that mass panic will be induced and they will stop their bickering and reunite to fight against a common entity.

ZAPP
They are not a threat to us at all.

FLYNN
We will overpower them nevertheless and establish a New World Order.

ZAPP
One in which there are no silly Birthdays or Oprah.

FLYNN
Yeah I know, humans are so bizarre.

ZAPP
We'll inform our lord Bieber right away of this delightful occurrence.

FLYNN
He'll be extremely pleased.

INT. INTERVIEW ROOM

INTERVIEWER
So, what makes you want to become a Geography teacher?

INTERVIEWEE
They say teach what you need to learn.

INTERVIEWER
I see, what grade did you get in Geography?

INTERVIEWEE
I got an F.

INTERVIEWER
F from Freddy?

INTERVIEWEE
F for F**kwit

INTERVIEWER
Okay, how about Maths?

INTERVIEWEE
D

INTERVIEWER
D for Delta?

INTERVIEWEE
D for Dickhead

INTERVIEWER
Oh, right. What about Computing?

INTERVIEWEE
Big fan.

INTERVIEWER
I mean your actual grade in the subject of computing when you were at School!

INTERVIEWEE
Ahh you should have said. I got a C.

INTERVIEWER
C for Charlie?

INTERVIEWEE
C for c**t.

INTERVIEWER
Okay. Now I didn't get a chance to peruse your CV. What was your last job?

INTERVIEWEE
Oh, I was helping update the NATO Phonetic Alphabet

END

Darren Hoskins gets my vote- nice ending made me laugh.

Hey, Michael: perhaps you should change your standard intro text for these to say "competition closes midnight DD/MM/YYYY" Laughing out loud

THE DOOR OF MARTOOK.

NARRATOR:
Renowned adventurer Grayson Field and his dutiful assistant Cubby Loft were now closer to the Door of Martook that any of their fellow Victorian adventurers had ever got.

From navigating the Hills of High Falloff-ability, traversing the Plains of Deadly Death, crossing The Pits of Terrible Stuff Altogether and surviving The Squirrels of Diminishing Niceness they were now on the final leg of their quest.

The pair found themselves stepping through the dense undergrowth of the comparatively pleasantly titled Jungle of Terrible Azure or for people not offay with wild terrain The Jungle of Horrible Purple.
Having trekked for hours it was time for a brief reprieve. Finding shelter from the hot midday sun under a giant leaf made from umbrellas they took time to drink and consult the map...

GRAYSON:
By George Lofty it's hot.

CUBBY:
Indeed sir, I think my mouth is sweating.

GRAYSON:
Here, wash it down with this tankard of tepid water.

CUBBY DRINKS.

CUBBY:
Yes sir, lovely sir, very tasty.

GRAYSON:
Now what is this map telling us? I feel like we've been going around in squares.

CUBBY:
Hmm...

GRAYSON:
What's the matter Lofty?

CUBBY:
Oh nothing to worry about sir it's just that according to the map...*ahem*...y-you're dead.

GRAYSON:
Let me see that! Lofty you fool you have it upside-down!

CUBBY:
Ah yes sir, much more alive now sir.

GRAYSON:
By and by Lofty, did you not have a life-size map a few miles back?

CUBBY:
Indeed I did but if I'm honest sir I found it rather tough going lugging it around.

GRAYSON:
Tell me you didn't get rid of it.

CUBBY:
Oh no, no, no, no...nothing like that sir. I just placed it at the bottom of the gorge for safe keeping, to pick up on the way back. It was rather heavy.

GRAYSON:
It couldn't have been more than twenty or thirty stone? You are not the man you once were Lofty...not by a long shot.
So where to next?

CUBBY:
It looks like we're rather close to the door sir. Left here at the Golden Bubbles then we have to pass something called Crackpot Creek and then some sort of invisible loop and we're there.

GRAYSON:
As easy as that, huhhhhh!! What the dickens am I tripping over? What is that?

CUBBY:
It's a human; he's practically a skeleton sir.

GRAYSON:
Yes a skeleton of just bone and skin with a tree lying on top of him. I wonder how he died.

SKELETON:
What do you mean died? I'm not dead.

CUBBY:
Well you're not far off in fairness.

GRAYSON:
How many weeks have you been stuck like this?

SKELETON:
Weeks? I'm only here a few minutes. I was not supposed to tell you this but I answered an ad in the paper from a Petch Calhoun. He was in search of someone who looked, as he put it "As dead as possible" to plant close to the Door of Martook so that it would hold up Grayson Field and he would make it to the door first.

CUBBY:
Petch Calhoun?

GRAYSON:
Yes I thought the narrator would mention him at the start but he obviously left it to me. As if I wasn't in enough of a hurry. Petch Calhoun. We went to Cambridge together where we first read of the fabled Door of Martook. We drunkenly put on a hefty wager to see who would discover the door first.

CUBBY:
He obviously followed us up to this point and sneaked off when we took shelter under the leaf.

GRAYSON:
We must move with haste!

FX. RUNNING.

GRAYSON:
Who's this now all of a sudden?

OLD MAN:
....And there will be much talking from a great distance but with no distance between them. The voice will be detached from the body....Then will come the words that sound like weasels when-

GRAYSON:
Have you got anything on the Door of Martook?

OLD MAN:
Wait! The winds now blow upon the hill, don't stop to speak or look around and do not take the wooden path. Mahabubar had to deal with horse sick when the wolves tumbled over the city walls...Look!

GRAYSON:
It's Petch on the rope bridge. Petch! Get off! Didn't you listen to the old man!? It's too windy!

PETCH:
He's just an old fool! He's talking nonsense!

FX. STRONG WIND.

PETCH:
Woaaah!!

PETCH (falling):
Help! I can't fly!!

GRAYSON:
Don't fall so fast, you'll die from it! Old man, is there anything we can do?

OLD MAN:
Catch the thing you cannot see what lies behind the small oak tree.

CUBBY:
The thing we cannot see?....Ah the invisible loop just like in the map. I cannot see anything.

Grayson:
Grab it anyway and throw it down. Petch, are you still falling?

PETCH:
Yes, why?

GRAYSON:
We may or may not have thrown down something called an Invisible Loop. Can you see it?

PETCH:
I think so, yes.

CUBBY:
Embroil yourself in it!

GRAYSON:
He's latched on. Great it's coming back up. Cubby, when he gets up we'll jump into the loop and it will take us across to the other side.

CUBBY:
It's the safest option sir.

GRAYSON:
Old man, have you any sage advice on the Door of Martook?

OLD MAN (CANDIDLY):
No.

GRAYSON:
Right; I must admit I was rather expecting more there. Ah, here's Petch now. Hop on Cubby....and away we go!!

FX OF INVISIBLE LOOP SWISHING ACROSS THE GORGE.

OLD MAN:
But I do have information on the key.

END.

ATMOS: SEAGULLS & WAVES

FX: SHIPS HORN

CASTAWAY:
It's a ship, it really is, oh thank you lord thank you.

CAPTAIN:
Hello there! Don't get up you look in a dreadful state, you must have been stranded on this Island for ages, but don't worry we're here now

CASTAWAY
You don't know how pleased I am to see you, I never thought there was any chance of rescue

CAPTAIN:
Oh we're not here to rescue you. No we're going to do something even better, we're going to give you your 8 favourite songs of all time to listen to

CASTAWAY:
You're not going to rescue me?

CAPTAIN:
Sorry no room, besides you won't want rescuing once you've got all your favourite tunes, imagine that! Your 8 favourite songs of all time

CASTAWAY:
I just want to go home

CAPTAIN:
I think the proper title is I wanna go home but we'll stick that on the list, just write down seven more & we'll get them sorted for you, even if it takes 3 or 4 journeys

CASTAWAY:
And you can't take me with you?

CAPTAIN:
Don't think I know that one, but we'll have a look for it. Don't forget they have to be available on vinyl so nothing too modern

CASTAWAY:
I'm days away from certain death, and you are offering me 8 useless vinyl singles

CAPTAIN:
I see what you mean, what were we thinking... You're going to need a record player as well, ha ok then, but that will have to be your luxury item. .

CASTAWAY:
Just F**king take me on that sh**ty boat you w**nker

CAPTAIN:
No problem!

CASTAWAY:
Finally!

CAPTAIN:
Now is that the version by Elton John or Michael Buble?

Trust Otterfox to whip out an extract from Martook!

I vote the superb OTTERFOX. Absolutely brilliant.

Please email me more Otter. Now.

I liked nearly all of them this week. Cool

Special mentions for Pugsmith's original idea, Michael's shapr one-liner, Zepp's concept of glaciers as Nazis, and Otterfox's, err, general insanity.

My vite this time, though, goes to Steve: the punchline might be a trwist on the old "you hum it and I'll play along" line, but the set-up is really very good indeed.

Darren, still :)