Teenage Mixtape sees the duo, who have been mates since childhood, asking some of their celebrity friends to talk about "the music that dragged them through puberty and beyond".
It's a bit like a modern version of Desert Island Discs, with Hanson, Avril Lavigne and Bonnie Tyler selected instead of Mozart and Elgar, and - based on the first episode featuring Emily Atack - diversions off into topics like dodgy sex too.
The producers add: "You can expect heartfelt renditions of once-cherished favourites, genuinely impressive musical games and evidence of a massive mismatch in talent."
British Comedy Guide asked Joel and Steve about their own choices...
They explain: "We spend a lot of time in the car together (touring, going to see bands, racing Vin Diesel etc) so we've put together a mixtape for long car journeys..."
1. Incubus: Vitamin (after all those service station meals this is the closest you'll get to nutrition).
2. Limp Bizkit - Take a Look Around (just great motoring advice - always check your mirrors when driving!)
3. Rage Against The Machine - Down Rodeo (you'll be able to relate to this one as you're currently driving down the road-eo).
4. Slipknot - Wait and Bleed (because when you get a nosebleed on a long journey it's important to wait - you don't want to get your Fiat Punto all bloody!)
5. Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive (because it's a fun one to sing really loudly to).