The Pranker

Pardon me if you see this in the writers discussion thread, been a right scatter brain today but I am in between work and keep switching onto here every now and again.

Writers note:
The following was original intended for the start of a group project but it has been brought to my attention of a similar group already started a month ago, one that already looks very interesting so for now I'll shelve the idea I had.

So in light of that I would just like to put this on that I just wrote this morning. It is actually based on a very true story but as you may guess it is not 100% true, I won't say which bits.

If this was in a sketch show it would be on going, different pranks but with a small background story where people (victims) are getting more fed up of him and it would all come to a head in the last sketch.

He isn't a likable character but I do see more and more kids around like him

The Pranker

I’m evil me, not Hitler evil, Bush evil or Willy Wonka evil (cos come on you know that’s just wrong in so many ways), no I’m more wet myself laughing watching an old person skiing down a icy high street like Eddie the eagle evil. I think most people are, we’re all second generation of ‘You’ve been framed’ era and with You Tube it hit new heights. But I must admit I take it a little further, too far maybe but I love a good prank.

My sister says I’m a bully but I’m not, no one ever complains when I play a joke on them, they all laugh though probably dreading who I get next. Like last week my mate was dead pleased with the new computer he got even though he got it off Dodgy Will so he damn well knew it was nicked but swore blind he was assured it wasn’t. I knew it was nicked, so did he and so did the poor sod whose computer was missing. Anyway cut a long story sort I broke into his room (he lives in our pub) and I made it so that when the computer came on a screen saver appeared saying his computer has been identified as stolen and police officers were en-route to his address. Now since my mate Toony had only just moved into the pub his last known address was his mum’s house. Now Mrs Toony was lovely but Tony got his name Tooney the Looney since he was heir to Mrs Looney who enjoyed the more relaxed thinks in life mainly big stashes of marijuana and she just happened to be the neighbourhood supplier of the bloody stuff. I must admit I hadn’t though of all this when I started my joke on Tooney but when it unravelled it just made it all the more funnier.

It unravelled when later in the night (after I’d totally forgot about my earlier in the day prank) Tooney confided in me he had rung his mum who has proceeded in trying to get rid of the drugs that the police would no doubt find when they came for the computer. She had tried to burn the plants she was growing outside in a bin but being too near to the crappy wooden conservative she had managed to set that alight and the fire quickly spread to the house. Mrs Tooney realised that the house was buggered and since she couldn’t get inside so was all the money she had made for the local drug lord she sold drugs for. So now she had rung Tooney to tell him she was going to kill him the first chance she got just after she’d tracked down dodgy Will once the heat had come down a little. It turned out she had called Tooney from an airport and he had no idea where she was going and he would only find out where she was when in her words ‘she was gonna get him in the middle of the night, whenever wherever in the unknown future’.

I couldn’t help but laugh, how funny was that?

I was just about to tell Tooney it was all a joke but then I pondered whether the story could get any funnier. I thought I'd give it ten minutes, let him stop crying firstly and anyway I was in the middle of texting Kenny and was in the middle of my best prank yet!

I would be interested to hear what people thought about this cos its not really a sketch, more a introduction but what you think of the character etc would be useful.

Is this more of a story? Otherwise looks just like a monologue or is it the intro? Where is it going? Incidentally & sorry to be picky but it should be "Prankster". Anyway interesting to see how it developes.

This is a start of a story, not a self contained comedy sketch. I was just interested to hear as a intro what people thought. Did it interest them, what do they think of the central character and the people around him. Just a bit of feedback to see if its worth continuing writing. I called in Pranker, something just of the top of my head when I put header in because the main character probably thought of as a *anker and he is a self confessed prankster. Probably not the best title though lol.

I'd call it The Prankler, just because I like awkward words that clearly aren't right and slightly clunky to pronounce. The nightmare monologue bits at the start of Jam are good for such words.

Sorry for being pedantic. I didn't see the similarity - my fault.