Hancock the 1963 ATV series

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the surviving episodes of this series on DVD I would bite their hand off, I'd chomp right up to the bicep. 'why that's very nearly an armful'. Any help would be much appreciated

revspike

As far as I'm aware, all still exist.

I think I've got 5 or 6 of them.

No way. Which do you have? And what are they like? I can only find them on Rapid share sites.

Aparently one of the biggest flops ever, a BBC star going over to ITV making a chump of himself. Having got rid of the great writing duo Galton and Simpson, he starred in an ATV sitcom with loads of different writers where there just wasn't any style, let alone there wasn't any Sid James. Galton and Simpson had wrote the second series of 'Steptoe and Son' and was broadcast at exactly the same time as this and hammered Hancock in the ratings. Never seen it, but an episode available at the TV Museum in Bradford.

Quote: revspike @ June 4 2008, 4:52 PM BST

No way. Which do you have? And what are they like? I can only find them on Rapid share sites.

Err, they're alright, but I've not watched them in a couple of years so wouldn't like to say anything more than that. And I forget which ones exactly. I'll try and dig them out a bit later tonight.

Cheers mate.