Best comedy on TV

I drew up a list of my favourite sit coms the other day, when i finished i realised i had four from channel 4 (Father Ted, Black books, Max and paddy and Phoenix nights) and all the rest were from the BBC. None from ITV. Why is that do you think?

Because it's been so long since ITV produced anything genuinely worthy of a "best" list that the other channels have far overtaken them. They've had some great shows, but they're long, long in the past now.

Quote: Griff @ March 12, 2008, 4:35 PM

I think Moving Wallpaper is pretty good. Not "best ever" stuff, but a definite step in the right direction.

I never watched moving wallpaper, but i loved Ben Miller in Worst week of my life.

Anyone know if thats coming bak?

I liked The Worst Week of my life.

I don't think I've ever watched an ITV show before, but at least they are trying to produce their own stuff that's what's important.

Quote: Andrew M Bedell @ March 12, 2008, 4:50 PM

I never watched moving wallpaper, but i loved Ben Miller in Worst week of my life.

Anyone know if thats coming bak?

It's not. Alison Steadman confirmed it on Paul O'Grady a few moons ago.

ITV has to appeal to the most people possible - more so than any other channel - hence any comedy they do is broad.

I'm surprised they haven't ploughed money into a big team written sitcom to go out prime time, it'd fit their remit perfectly. Maybe with Fincham in charge, he'll address that?