Bromwell High

Because the show was co-produced here in Canada it has been really pushed by the channel Teletoon but I don't think it really caught on over here as the characters slang ridden accents were very hard to understand to the average Canadian.
I was wondering if it caught on in the UK? I think it had a second series right?
I have watched it a few times getting a chuckle in or two but the characters are so unlikable that I have a hard time tuning in to it.

Note: I checked first and couldn't find a thread about this show.

1) The scheduling it was given ensured it didn't catch on.
2) Only six of the thirteen episodes were ever screened here.
3) It's f**king brilliant.

"I is not Keisha, I is JLo!" Amaaaaazing show!

Quote: Aaron @ February 29, 2008, 4:12 PM

1) The scheduling it was given ensured it didn't catch on.
2) Only six of the thirteen episodes were ever screened here.
3) It's f**king brilliant.

Really? They still show it every night on Teletoon. Over and over and over again. Did it get a DVD release over in the UK at least?

As far as I know, it was shown once and once only. No repeats at all. And yes, it is available (complete, all 13) on DVD.

Oddly, the UK and CA broadcast orders were totally different. For example, our episode one was your episode eight. Our second was your tenth. And so on!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 29, 2008, 4:16 PM

"I is not Keisha, I is JLo!" Amaaaaazing show!

:D

wow that is odd. I know they changed a lot of the dialog in order to help Canadians understand what they are talking about. For example Bromwell is refered to as a 'public school' in Canada (because in Canada a public school is the opposite of a private school) while in the UK version they call it a 'state school'. Those kinds of changes make sense but changing the order of the shows release is just plain odd.

No, I think the two are the same. (I'll get out my episodes in a minute and start watching again I think!) You got that off Wikipedia, didn't you? I think I probably wrote that article.

"Ah Natella, not 'avin' babies is fo' gayz!"

Laughing out loud yes I did.

I'm SO tempted to buy the DVD, watching this again. Amazing show. Laughing out loud

I only caught one episode of this when it was broadcast, but it made enough of an impression for me to have now sought out the DVD, and it is not disappointing. This is by a country mile the best animated series to have come out of Britain.

Either those tossers at C4 are incapable of recognising genius, or more likely the multi-cultural satire caused them to lose their bottle.

It's amazing how much they poured into it initially, how much merchandise was produced, only to let the show disappear without a trace.