The Likely Lads - Live!

Just a note to let you know that Dick Clement & Ian La Frenais have written a stage version of The Likely Lads, which is to receive its World Premiere at the Gala Theatre in Durham in June. Written especially for Gala by Dick and Ian it is based on their own TV series Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads.

Casting is currently underway and tickets are now on sale. See www.galadurham.co.uk or call the Box Office on 0191 3324041.

Durham? Bloody hell. :(

Is this likely to travel around the country or stay at the one theatre?

I would guess that it might do a small tour later in the year, but if you're REALLY eager to see it, then probably best to book yourself in at Durham.

I have always wished that Clement and LaFrenais would do an updated version of Bob and Terry.

Don't suppose it will ever happen though as Mssrs. Bewes and Bolam are not on the best of terms and they are both knocking on now. Sad really.

Rodney Bewes brought his one man show to the Preistley theatre in Bradford. It holds 290, i'm told less than 50 turned up.

Quote: Aaron @ February 10, 2008, 3:28 PM

I would guess that it might do a small tour later in the year, but if you're REALLY eager to see it, then probably best to book yourself in at Durham.

I'm not that eager at all which was why I wanted to know if it was likely to go on tour as I'm not travelling long distance to see it!!

;)

There is a strong liklihood that the production will do a national tour in late 2008 or early 2009.

For info:

www.sunderlandecho.com/news/TV-classic-to-make-stage.3763961.jp

Quote: Ray Dawson @ February 10, 2008, 4:05 PM

Rodney Bewes brought his one man show to the Preistley theatre in Bradford. It holds 290, i'm told less than 50 turned up.

And yet he seems like a much happier person than James Bolam who has had dozens of successful parts and yet is still bitter about The Likely Lads and refuses to let journalists mention it in interviews. Weird.

Quote: Robin Byers @ February 11, 2008, 2:22 PM

There is a strong liklihood that the production will do a national tour in late 2008 or early 2009.

For info:

www.sunderlandecho.com/news/TV-classic-to-make-stage.3763961.jp

I look forward to seeing if it comes my way.

I missed the Tommy Cooper production starring Jerome Flynn but never got round to sorting it out. :(