New for 2007

Hello fellow sitcom fans - what a find this site is! Like the rest of us here I love sitcoms. Favourite new show has to be Lead Balloon which I thought was terrific but going back awhile, as well as the obvious (The Office, Fawlty Towers) I have a real soft spot for those largely neglected gems Ever Decreasing Circles and The Peter Principle, which starred the magnificent Jim Broadbent.
And ofcourse the king of American comedies - Sgt Bilko!

Welcome Bilko,

Can’t say I agree with you on Ever Decreasing Circles and only have vague recollection of the Peter Principle but as you say if it has Mr Broadbent in it, it has to be good.

Cheers

Barry

howdy and welcome
Bit of Bilko very classy there pal

anyway thats all from me

Peace Out

Bilko - now there's a show we should be studying. Great characters, perfect acting and plenty of jokes. Incidentally, I saw someone mentioned in another thread that they try to avoid jokes in their scripts. Anything that gets a laugh, in my world, is a joke, so for jokes read laughs in Bilko and others. I know the trend is to steer clear of stuff that sounds contrived but that's what we do. We contrive things.
Another Bilko point - I understand the BBC had the rights to show it for 50 years and those 50 years are almost up. What happens then?

One would hope that a channel/network willing to show it will outbid them for the next 50 years.

Anyway, welcome to DB!

A big hello from me Vinny and welcome to this superb space in the eather to discuss all that is funny and tickles your funny bones Laughing out loudhope you feel at home and look forward to being friends Wave Vinny

Thanks for the welcomes. Hope I can play a small part in the continuing success of this great site Wave

Yes welcome Duke BIlko (Don't really mean it but I've just noticed that if I post this then it takes me to 100 posts. Me me me!! ;)

I love Bilko and it's not on enough any more.