Green Wing Spinoffs

After watching the special, Mark and I have both decided that we'd love to see a Statham/Clore spinoff, with them having failed to have even committed suicide and now attempting to build a new life. Personally, I'd love to watch them attempting to run a farm in rural England. Those of you who've seen the special will have a good idea why. ;)

(And yes, I'm aware that Reggie Perrin worked on the farm after faking his death, and yes I'm aware that The Green Green Grass is set on a farm, but both are vehicles rather than the basis of the comedy.)

So what (if anything) would you like to see spun-off from Green Wing, and why?

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

ARGH THANK GOD this thread is here...I NEEDED a thread...I've just watched the special and I had to post something somewhere and the Aussies are all being mysteriously quiet, so...

Not many people got out of that alive did they? Angela dead and Joanna, Alan and Mac all set to die within minutes/weeks...can't wait to get the DVD and see the alt ending! So who's left for a spin off? I'd like to see what happened re: Harriet-Linden; it's a shame they didn't tie that up after Ian threw Harriet out in S02E08...and poor old Martin, just at a loose end...and Jake just disappeared into the ether as well...

I don't know what they could do for a spin off really. Who wouldn't like to see more of Guy, though? ;) I was always mainly Carmac, but he's by FAR the funniest. :D And Sue, of course - more squirrel!

Talking of Caromac...they really had me guessing right up to the end...I honestly thought someone was going to reveal Mac WASN'T dying after all...especially when Sue came toddling up to introduce her new beau:'Now Mac, I know that you think you're dying, 'cause I had a little wee fiddle with your files...' (with some Mac catching alterior motive) But nay...they kept you expecting when there was nothing to expect...

I think there could be an uproar...either Caromac and Caroguy ALL get what they wanted...or they'll perceive it as I do...that no-one really does...not that it compromised the ending...the last few moments were comparable to the Cold Feet finale, which is one hell of an transition, beautifully made.

All I shall say in conclusion is that any spin off should not serve to redeem Mac from gingeritis (or whatever it was,) it would seem silly to back track like that now.

The alternate ending really isn't much different, unfortunately. Just a slight twist with the last scene! Boo hiss boo.

Agreed on Guy though. Such a brilliant character, and oh-so-very-funny. Plenty of scope for further adventures.

I wasn't really waiting for Mac to suddenly be ok-ed, since that ending seemed pretty solid and pointless to change (although I don't really like how it was introduced in the first place), but I was expecting Guy to try and broker some kind of bargain by where he gets Caroline after Mac's hopped it!

Still, a good ending all around.

Sue being the Queen of Insania- her view of the world?

A Sue and Guy spinoff. They make a good comedy couple, I think.
With Alan and Boyce.
I'd watch that.

oh thats be groovy-but maybe a bit samey after a while