Father Ted should ride again!

Where's the current equivalent?

I reckon the knockabout, irreverent stuff we saw here is more than somewhat lacking from the current insipid menu.

Eh you wha? Are you asking what the current equivalent sitcom to Father Ted is? If so, Not Going Out would probably be my vote.

I see sparks of Father Ted in anything written by Linehan(sp?) tbh.

I'm really not sure how you see it in NGO though, Aaron?

I didn't say I did. I asked what the question actually meant. If it's as exact as your Linehan-based interpretation, then I've no clue. But if we're being asked just generally what the current kind of clever-but-very-mainstream sitcom is, then I revert back to my original post. Any other possible meanings, and again, no clue.

Obviously IT Crowd

And look - it really is my 5,000th.

Don't you dare Aaron.

Par-tay!

Quote: David Chapman @ January 12, 2008, 12:40 PM

Obviously IT Crowd

And look - it really is my 5,000th.

Don't you dare Aaron.

Geek

Nearly Aarons 10,000th post birthday bash... what does that make him Lee?

Half man, half Internet, half TV.

Quote: Aaron @ January 12, 2008, 7:40 AM

I didn't say I did.

Oh I see! I misunderstood I thought you were comparing the two. Appologies :)

Don't ask me why I was watching it - but on Sunday morning on Jim, Jam & Sunny they were doing a long piece about near and far - that's small because its far away etc.

Now I'm sure J, J & S isn't that old so Lineham should be able to sue. Laughing out loud

Quote: David Chapman @ April 28 2008, 9:11 PM BST

Don't ask me why I was watching it - but on Sunday morning on Jim, Jam & Sunny they were doing a long piece about near and far - that's small because its far away etc.

Now I'm sure J, J & S isn't that old so Lineham should be able to sue. Laughing out loud

Similar in Phoenix NIghts when a bus load of dwarves arrives: "How far away are they?"

my point... dunno. just avoiding work this morning.

I think the BBC are making a concerted effort to produce a smilar sort of show with heightened reality. I get the feeling Lab Rats might be like this, and according to David Mitchell on front Row earlier in the week, their new sitcom is also going to be along those lines. I personally think the pendlum is now swinging away from the more naturalistic shows towards dafter fare - mainly because hardly anybody watched the droves of single-camera non-studio audience sitcoms that came in the wake of The Office.