Are we all hypocrites?

I was thinking about this last night after slagging off the first episode of Never Better. We complain that in the 'good ol' days' TV channels supported new comedy by allowing sitcoms time and space to grow and develop-the first series of Blackadder for instance was vastly inferior to the ones that followed.
And then we moan about, dismiss and generally criticise new shows that arent instantly brilliant.
I hated the first ep I saw of Not Going Out (where Lee went out with the author of a book about her childhood abuse) and only started watching again by accident-turns out it was great. I thought Never Better was lame but now feel guilty as it too could turn into something great (I'm having an optimistic moment!)
So, are we all double-standard holding hypocrites?

Probably, because Fools and Horses wasn't too hot to start with.

And give me back my posts Aaron.

Maybe it will grow. But we can't judge a show on what might happen in the future. I mean, one day, Little Miss Jocelyn might be funny. But to date, it hasn't been. We can only comment on what we've seen, and that's what we do do, and have done, and will continue to. :)

Quote: David Chapman @ January 11, 2008, 8:47 PM

And give me back my posts Aaron.

I didn't take them away. I just did a recount. Not my fault if you've deleted some posts (is partially my fault that your postcount didn't go down accordingly though...).

Quote: Aaron @ January 11, 2008, 8:52 PM

I didn't take them away. I just did a recount. Not my fault if you've deleted some posts (is partially my fault that your postcount didn't go down accordingly though...).

Well I'm f**ked if I'm going to work hard at getting them back up again.

No fear of that Dave :P

Laughing out loud