Last of the Summer Wine Series 7 and 8

Coming in March is the seventh and eighth series of 'Last of the Summer Wine'. During the middle of these series was the brilliant feature lenghth special Getting Sam Home, does anybody know if this will be on the DVD.

hello Jack,, how are you doing,, according to sendit.com ,Getting Sam Home is on the new DVD,, also Uncle Of the Bride aswell,, i first saw getting sam home the night it was first shown,, i even have it on the official BBC video,, i have never opened it,, it is still sealed up,, i left it like this because i believe it is very rare!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jasper, welcome to the site. Keep that video safe and sealed - or you could give it to me. ;)

I remember that Getting Sam Home was repeated at xmas 92 or xmas 93. I also remember the xmas special in 1993 which featured John Cleese in a cameo.

I did like Last of The Summer Wine. I can't wait till the early 90's series came out as I thoroughly enjoyed them back in the day.

Quote: jasper le flan @ January 6, 2008, 9:36 PM

hello Jack,, how are you doing,, according to sendit.com ,Getting Sam Home is on the new DVD,, also Uncle Of the Bride aswell,, i first saw getting sam home the night it was first shown,, i even have it on the official BBC video,, i have never opened it,, it is still sealed up,, i left it like this because i believe it is very rare!!!!!!!!!

That is rare.

Watching that Getting Sam Home with the exception of the two Scarbourgh episodes from series 3 it is the best Summer Wine episode.