Reverend Obadiah Steppenwolf, III

Does anyone remember Reverend Obadiah Steppenwolf, III ?????? He was a regular on the same show that Pub AL first broke through as a weekly regular. It was a weekly stand up comedy show on Friday or Saturday nights at about 11:30 on BBC 2 a few years back.

I think there were about six shows in the series. The Rev was quite f**ken funny on some of those shows. The audience didn't quite know what to make of him. Apparently he is Scottish but puts on this flawless bible-thumping Texan accent.

It seems his career did not take off from that show, certainly nothing like AL the Publican.

But there's still time.

Just found this: http://www.justlaugh.co.uk/comedians/Reverend_Obadiah_Steppenwolfe_III.html

And I just found this quote about him:

"He looked like a missionary from the Church of Satan’s Little Helpers, a dishevelled and dissolute minister from the deep fried southern states of America, just calling in to say a few words on his way to Hell."

Hey Rev! Where you be?!
I gots the Dutch dank and the Draino on tap!!

Heard of him, not really familiar though.

But the Guv'nor is great.

I've had a similar character in mind, so I'll have to check this guy out.

I remember him on that show, a saturday live type thing wasnt it? Had harry hill, and alan parker urban warrior on there as well i think. The preacher character was pretty funny, never seen him on anything since mind. Or maybe I have and he just wasnt doing that character.

he's still on the circuit

http://www.comedycv.co.uk/revobadiahsteppenolf/index.htm

Cheers y'all.

I googled the name and found the same links y'all have found.

Seems his most recent gig is/was as an MC.

Ta.

I remember him. I used to be really impressed by the amount of lines he managed to remember. His sketches weren't that long, but he spoke really fast.

By the way, I see you're a Parliament fan. I'm a fan as well. I've got a few of their live shows, and a couple of Bootsy's Rubber Band's live shows, on video. Are you into any other Funk bands?

I tend to be very finicky with some things, especially music. I've checked out other funk bands but they lack that Clinton factor. Just something about George and his magical funk-ass self infuses P-Funk with qualities that tick all the right boxes.

Mind, I'm talking mostly about the 1970s P-F.

Cheers for stepping out of the woodwork and admitting a fondness for the Funk!

Wild Jesus Fish Kid does, too.

What P-Funk concert vids do you have?

He was on Comedy Shuffle tonight.

He were alright.

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ December 12, 2007, 1:01 AM

I tend to be very finicky with some things, especially music. I've checked out other funk bands but they lack that Clinton factor. Just something about George and his magical funk-ass self infuses P-Funk with qualities that tick all the right boxes.

Mind, I'm talking mostly about the 1970s P-F.

Cheers for stepping out of the woodwork and admitting a fondness for the Funk!

Wild Jesus Fish Kid does, too.

What P-Funk concert vids do you have?

I've got a few, which were filmed in different American cities, in the late 70s. They used to be real collector's items, but most of them are probably now on Youtube.

I'm also a massive James Brown fan. Here's one of my favourite clips (well, from 3:41 in the clip, onwards), from back in the days when he had Bootsy in his band (check out his bass solo, at 7:20 in the clip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJilX-bVHLM&feature=related

By the way, have you been to www.funk45.com ? You can listen to loads of rare stuff on there. The "Top 10 Funk 45s", on the right side of the page are amazing.

Quote: zooo @ December 13, 2007, 11:51 PM

He was on Comedy Shuffle tonight.

He were alright.

he's a fooking genius