Background music

I've had many a documentary ruined by background music, most notable any of the David Attenborough ones, where his soft-spoken words get drowned out, and there's many doc. where I have given up with it or used the subtitles if I really interested.

BUT FFS, there are some superbly ridiculous situations where background music adds nothing, so why the f**k do they do it?

Take the BBC Final Score prog. at tea-time on BBC1, when at the end they give the results, and while they are showing/explaining the ups and downs of the tables, there's music playing in the background. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't know.

Well, bloody find out for me! 😲

[quote name="Hercules Grytpype Thynne" post="1265049" date="22nd April 2023, 9:29 AM"Take the BBC Final Score prog. at tea-time on BBC1, when at the end they give the results, and while they are showing/explaining the ups and downs of the tables, there's music playing in the background. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?[/quote]

You mean this?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd April 2023, 6:21 PM

You mean this?

Bloody hell - that's going back to the days of Peter Dimmock, isn't it?

Nothing like it - listen to when they go through the leagues about who's top and bottom etc. at the end of Final Score, Saturday tea-time.