Cunk On Britain

I planned to watch a couple of "comedies" tonight and then stumbled on Cunk on Britain.

Funniest thing I've seen for ages. I'm sure Diane must crack up at times. Do the contributors know it's a comedy?

So quick I can't remember most of what I was laughing at.

Philomena Cunk (ooo, that's rude) and her "partner" Barry Shitpeas first appeared on Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe - they were shit then and are shit now.
Just childish humour.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th March 2023, 9:18 AM

Philomena Cunk (ooo, that's rude) and her "partner" Barry Shitpeas first appeared on Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe - they were shit then and are shit now.
Just childish humour.

Maybe I'm just childish then - no! No maybe about it.

I think she's quite funny.
I find a whole show a bit samey - but love the clips

It takes all sorts

Quote: Chappers @ 24th March 2023, 10:37 PM

I planned to watch a couple of "comedies" tonight and then stumbled on Cunk on Britain.

Funniest thing I've seen for ages. I'm sure Diane must crack up at times. Do the contributors know it's a comedy?

So quick I can't remember most of what I was laughing at.

A brilliant series. One of the funniest in many years.

My understanding is the contributors are aware, yes. Although maybe that wasn't always the case!

Can't stand it either, not against lampooning our own country at all but it seems to have this Horrible Histories tinge of a questioning of our past greatness by a young group of in debt lefties just out of drama school. It also makes her look a bit smarmy, from what I've seen of it. And I liked her 15min sitcom series.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th March 2023, 12:01 PM

Can't stand it either, not against lampooning our own country at all but it seems to have this Horrible Histories tinge of a questioning of our past greatness by a young group of in debt lefties just out of drama school. It also makes her look a bit smarmy, from what I've seen of it. And I liked her 15min sitcom series.

Couldn't agree more - you've hit it on the head there, Alf!!

She was in an early episode of Him and Her. A foul-mouthed neighbor you rarely saw, just heard. I recognised her voice though.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th March 2023, 12:22 PM

Couldn't agree more - you've hit it on the head there, Alf!!

Ta.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th March 2023, 12:38 PM

She was in an early episode of Him and Her. A foul-mouthed neighbor you rarely saw, just heard. I recognised her voice though.

She's definitely a talent, I just find this sort of post candid camera bollocks completely unsubtle and unoriginal. She's just rehashing a tired old trope.

From the start on Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe, I thought her alter ego name was plain stupid in being the nearest she could get to a very rude word, and her ramblings just..........well nothing and very, very unfunny.

I found the bits I've seen to be hilarious. I don't really care if it's groundbreaking, I just care if it makes me laugh.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th March 2023, 6:09 PM

I found the bits I've seen to be hilarious. I don't really care if it's groundbreaking, I just care if it makes me laugh.

Exactly. She just does it so straight faced.