Comedian (allegedly)

Hi everyone

I'm new to this site and relatively new to comedy (I've only done three open mic spots since taking it up in January of this year) and my last spot I decided to record it.

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to watch it and give me some feedback and pointers about what to do better next time. I know it's not very good and I'm rather thick skinned (or is that thick skulled?) so any constructive criticism is welcomed.

(Sidebar: The only thing I won't accept criticism on is the camera work, my mum did it but she hasn't been well recently so that's why it's a bit shaky)

https://youtu.be/bZ1JiySudCU

Thanks in advance.

I'm not a stand-up so take what I say with your recommended daily allowance of salt, but I'd have two pieces of advice, as you've asked.

1) Work out what to do with your hands, because hunching with them in your pockets reduces the communication. Unless you build a character around it, it's best to free your hands (this is why most comics hold the mic, of course, to increase the movement and expression).
2) You had two lines I liked, the pub quiz question and the leg-pulling. But I think you should a) get to the jokes more quickly, and b) stop talking once you've done them.

Also, 3 open mics is essentially nothing on your journey, so at the moment I wouldn't sweat it too much, just do some more and work out what sort of style does the trick for you.

Agreed with the above. I would add - annunciate a little more. It was difficult to hear some of what you said.
I know it's nerves and the more you do it, you'll get better. Take these pointers in the spirit they were meant.
Good luck.