What is the comedy writing landscape nowadays?

I've been out of touch for about 10 years now and even back then I wasn't particular in touch with it either! But back then there were certain areas where it seemed possible you could submit your babies and there might be a chance someone would notice you, BBC, NewsRevue, to name but two.

YouTube was young and fresh faced and felt like something that could potentially be useful, but now looks oversaturated and barely unrecognisable as a platform for amateur creators.

If you're not on Tiktok, then who are you? I don't know what I mean by that statement.

Has much changed or have I changed? I'm as lazy as I used to be, so it can't be me!

I literally couldn't think of anywhere else to write this, Twitter is dead, right? I don't think my mum cares enough to answer me on a Facebook post.

Hello?

Long time no.... something or other Lee.

I'm probably as lazy as you, maybe more so and get sidetracked by all sorts of online rubbish.

Well for sitcom It seems there are potential outlets popping up for sending your work in. What there doesn't seem to be are any real opportunities for your work to be broadcast.

Lots of little contests for your scripts to compete in but very little scope for any sitcoms being made now that BBC only have schemes for comedy dramas, and the production of studio sitcoms has virtually stopped. So you can possibly get your very polished script praised by contest judges and that's it. The process ends there.