Inside No 9 Christmas Special

OK, maybe I shouldn't have been half asleep while I watched it, but WTF was that all about.

Was this the start of series 8?

Anyway, it was okay. Nothing earth shattering. and the central conceit (which I won't spoil here) has been done better in other shows and films. But I was pleased to learn about champing (camping in historical buildings) which I never knew was a thing.

I liked it a lot. Yes, it covers familiar ground, but then a Christmas ghost story should be a as cosy as it is creepy.

Without spoiling, I would only say that "warning" isn't really the right term.

First one I've watched in years and rather enjoyed it.

Quote: Aaron @ 25th December 2022, 7:04 PM

First one I've watched in years

I always imagined that you watch every single British comedy show that comes out, year in year out. I feel let down now.

Quote: chipolata @ 28th December 2022, 11:48 AM

I always imagined that you watch every single British comedy show that comes out, year in year out. I feel let down now.

Pretty much! There are a few episodes each year I just don't get around to though. Probably less than 10.

Quote: Aaron @ 25th December 2022, 7:04 PM

First one I've watched in years and rather enjoyed it.

That's atrocious! Isn't it your job to watch every comedy? It can't be a hard job.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2022, 7:42 PM

That's atrocious! Isn't it your job to watch every comedy?

Not quite! Inside No. 9 is amply covered by two others who love it, so it's certainly not left out by BCG.

Quote: Aaron @ 28th December 2022, 1:37 PM

Pretty much! There are a few episodes each year I just don't get around to though. Probably less than 10.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2022, 7:42 PM

That's atrocious! Isn't it your job to watch every comedy? It can't be a hard job.

That's an insane amount of stuff, though.

But is it a comedy anyway though?