Noising Up - BBC Radio Scotland

Has anyone had an e-mail from the team behind Noising Up in the last few days?

I haven't, because I didn't submit anything but I was going to start my own thread on this topic because A) did it even air? I managed to catch half an episode (Sept 2nd) when it was up on iPlayer but there seems to have been nothing since and B) was it really as quisling and bootlicking towards England as it seemed to be from that one thing? Because all I can remember is them going on about Nicola Sturgeon being boring. Maybe it was meant to be 'Nosing Up'?

Last I heard, the show was on hold. Apparently someone famous died.

Nice of them to honour Coolio I suppose

Just got the email. It's back and they're clearly sending the brief out.
A good journalist is like a teenager. Always sticks to his briefs.

So, it's back. The current guidelines are little confusing though, not least because they talk about the deadline being Wednesday January 5th and today's Thursday January 5th.

Also, the Opportunities Hub makes out there's a rolling weekly deadline but the full details only mention the "DEADLINE 2pm WEDNESDAY 5TH JANUARY" and that they were "accepting material all through December". It must be a rolling deadline though, it's meant to be topical right?

In the words of Sylvia Plath, f**k knows. Anyway, I've sent my usual shit out and we'll see.

[Me] OK, something completely different. I want to write a short comedy sketch for a Scottish radio show called 'Noising Up'. It has be topical to some aspect of UK news this week from a Scottish perspective. Reckon you could help?

[Chat GPT] Sure! To write a comedy sketch for a Scottish radio show, it's best to stay up-to-date with current events in Scotland and the UK, as well as understand the unique culture and sense of humor of Scotland. Here's a sample sketch that parodies a current news item:

[Intro music and sound effects]

Announcer: "Welcome to Noising Up, the show that takes a comedic look at the news from a Scottish perspective. This week, we're talking about the recent announcement by the Scottish government on their plans for independence. Let's see what our expert panel has to say about it."

[Sound of a door opening and people entering a room]

Panelist 1: "Good morning everyone! What a day for Scotland, eh?"

Panelist 2: "Aye, it's a real game changer, but I've got to say, I'm a wee bit confused by the details."

Panelist 1: "Well, let's break it down. According to the government's plan, they want to hold another independence referendum within the next two years."

Panelist 2: "Aye, but here's the thing. They're also saying they'll only hold it if the conditions are right."

Panelist 1: "Right. And what exactly does that mean?"

Panelist 2: "Well, if you ask me, it sounds like they're saying they'll only hold it if they think they're going to win."

Panelist 1: [Laughing] "Aye, that's one way to put it. But seriously folks, what do you think about the government's plan?"

[Sound of audience members talking and laughing]

Announcer: "Thanks for tuning in to Noising Up. Join us next week for more hilarious takes on the news. And remember, always keep it light, always keep it Scottish."

[Outro music and sound effects]

There goes the last deadline this series. Anyone have any luck with this?

In the words of Sylvia Plath, f**k all.

There's still this week (if you've sent in anything).

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 13th February 2023, 12:02 PM

There goes the last deadline this series. Anyone have any luck with this?

I've had a couple of jokes on

Well done, GAP1! I've had a few things on myself.

Great going Yacob. . I'm not sure but I think Breaking The News starts again this week.

Looks like this is back on. Unlike my mother's undies.