It'll Be Alright On The Night

I used to like It'll Be Alright on the Night in the Denis Norden days, and also when Griff Rhys Jones presented it (from 2008 to 2016). But in the new series, the new presenter (David bloody Walliams of all people) talks over the clips!
I much preferred the old format, where the presenter would talk on stage for 30 seconds or so, then they'd show several clips without any supposedly amusing voiceover from the presenter all the way through.

(EDIT: Just realised that this probably should've been in the 'Other Comedy' section rather than General Comedy, but when I tried to delete it here a message said it was unable to handle this request...)

I absolutely loved this back in the day when Dennis Norden did it

Now, like everything these days - it's crap

Philip Schofield looked in the wrong camera coming out of an ad break? Hilarious

That's about the level

Yes the clips can still be quite fun
But Walliams "hilarious" sexual innuendo commentary makes me cringe
So it's easy to give it a miss these days

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th June 2022, 2:07 PM

I absolutely loved this back in the day when Dennis Norden did it

Now, like everything these days - it's crap

Phillip Schofield looked in the wrong camera coming out of an ad break? Hilarious

That's about the level

During the days of Dennis Norden the outtakes were genuine and genuinely funny. Now it's like that Movie Mistakes theme where the slightest continuity error is pure hilarity.

It's not even as though the clips are original. The programme is like a browse through YouTube when you are bored.
I used to like Walliams but now he's a self-centred unfunny prat.