The Wrong Box (1966)

The Wrong Box (1966)

One of the better 60s comedy romps, and again one I'd only seen in bits, on a blurry post lunch binge, so when this DVD came up cheap on eBay I bought it to indulge myself later.

Many, many stars, but the one that shone for me was Wilfrid Lawson as Peacock the Butler, Ralph Richardson and John Mills were excellent too. And I went weak at the knees every time Nanette Newman was on the screen.
Jogged along nicely with some good comic skits, especially the train crash, which was very funny, not that train crashes are, you understand.

My only complaint of sorts, is it fizzled out in the end, like they couldn't come up with a satisfactory ending, so made it a melee', which was a typical 1960s disappointing ending to a film.

I like it very much.Richardson and Mills as the two quarrelsome brothers are on form.Peter Sellers is in it too as a some what confused GP ,I think.I haven't seen it for a while.

Quote: psmith @ 31st January 2022, 5:21 PM

I like it very much.Richardson and Mills as the two quarrelsome brothers are on form.Peter Sellers is in it too as a some what confused GP ,I think.I haven't seen it for a while.

Yes, Sellers had a small and quite funny part, and Hancock an even briefer unfunny part - I am a massive fan of both, but the film didn't do much for either of them it grieves me to say, especially TH.