All In Good Faith

Well, finished the one DVD of the first series I bought, and will not be buying the other two**, even if they are available.

I imagined this was made and broadcast between The Good Life and Ever Decreasing Circles, but no, it was on ITV and ran almost at the same time as the latter, which I find not only odd (little acting "ways" of Briers showing in both), but also there is no comparison to speak of between the two............

All in Good Faith was slightly funny in parts.

Ever Decreasing Circles hilarious.

What was Richard Briers thinking of? Was he short of money? But then ITV had, and still do, to some extent, hijack other channels sitcoms and stars.

** According the illiterate review on the IMDb, the two children were never seen again after the first series (both wooden) and his wife changed at some point too. What a mess.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th October 2021, 9:46 AM

What was Richard Briers thinking of? Was he short of money?

Money wasn't particularly good in those days.
And I think actors are always very aware of the precarious nature of their profession - you make it while you can.
Also, it's a lottery as to which shows take off - so you spread your bets.

I read in Richard Brier's autobiography that there was a commissioner at Granada whose Uncle was a Deacon, and put pressure on franchise holders to make more priest based comedies. But to ensure that it didn't denigrate the reputation of the church, he insisted that it wasn't to be overly funny. Sounds like they were caught between a rock and a hard place!!