The Best Goal you've ever scored

Anyone who's played footy must have one
Whether it was in a five a side full pitch or Jumpers for goalposts.
( Doesn't have to be football centric any sport will do)

Mine was on a dodgy full size pitch, goals without nets
In the box ball bouncing I've somehow managed to slalom through two players using my knees to keep it bouncing
Then I'm a yard from the goalie and manage to lob him straight up in the air at an angle that I don't think would have been possible if the goalposts weren't a bit skew whiff. falling back on my arse in the process
The Goalie offered a hand to pick me up and said I have to admit that was a very good goal.
Looking back I should have replied that he was probably a terrible Keeper, but In my memory I prefer to think of him as a Shilton like figure just beaten on the day by something unstoppable

I'm less proud of the time I hit a stinging volley in the top corner and it flew into the kids playground and hit a toddler flush in face while they were on the swings but I suppose that's for another thread

In my very short football "career" in the 80s I only came close once to scoring, and realised the whole thing was not for me and who was I kidding. :(

I was a left back (in the changing rooms) Hahahaha

Right back and rarely ventured over the half way line.I was quite good at closing people down(shoving them in to touch)
And not much of a team player,I wasn't too upset if we lost,I just enjoyed the run around.

In the cup final for a local pub team, I was sent on as a substitute with 10 minutes to go and the score at 0 - 0.
It was drilled into me that if I got the ball, I must pass it to our striker.
I got the ball on the right wing and ran with it. Our striker was screaming for me to pass it to him.
So I toe poked it to him as hard as I could....except my very hard toe poke was off centre of the ball and it spun and curled in a long arc right into the top corner of the goal.
We won the cup 1 - 0 and I was mentioned in the local paper.
The headline went something like 'Wonder goal seals the cup for The Walkers Arms'
I never told anyone it was meant to be a pass.

But what did the striker say?

I think a lot of wonder goals are scored like that.You wouldn't get the Beckhams,etc.. owning up either.

I scored a 45 yard overhead bicycle kick against Argentina in the 1970 World Cup finals

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st June 2021, 8:26 AM

In the cup final for a local pub team, I was sent on as a substitute with 10 minutes to go and the score at 0 - 0.
It was drilled into me that if I got the ball, I must pass it to our striker.
I got the ball on the right wing and ran with it. Our striker was screaming for me to pass it to him.
So I toe poked it to him as hard as I could....except my very hard toe poke was off centre of the ball and it spun and curled in a long arc right into the top corner of the goal.
We won the cup 1 - 0 and I was mentioned in the local paper.
The headline went something like 'Wonder goal seals the cup for The Walkers Arms'
I never told anyone it was meant to be a pass.

Classic !