Home To Roost

This hasn't got its own proper thread yet and I'm surprised.

What did you think of Home To Roost? I personally loved it, I loved the relationship between Matthew and Henry. It was interesting to watch. A very good show and I'm glad the ex wife or Matthew's mother only appeared once, as that could have overran a little bit and we see that in other sitcoms. It was nice just to see father and son, and their relationship and occasionally his siblings appeared which was nice.

For an ITV effort it was quite good

I think serious roles were more Mr Thaw's forte though

I rewatched some recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. A very pleasant and funny comedy.

Quote: Wheel @ 5th February 2021, 2:42 PM

This hasn't got it's own proper thread yet and I'm surprised.

So am I because it's certainly been discussed on these boards and with some amount of praise.

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th February 2021, 11:59 AM

For an ITV effort it was quite good

I think serious roles were more Mr Thaw's forte though

It was quite good regardless of what channel it was on. Possibly right on Thaw but I thought at the time he looked like he enjoyed the light nature of this, as though it was a nice break from being Morse or Regan. The two them clicked on screen, that's for sure. I remember it being as watchable for its acting as it was for its snappy scripts. I'm surprised the son didn't become more of a star tbh, I thought he was superb in this.

Quote: Wheel @ 5th February 2021, 2:42 PM

This hasn't got its own proper thread yet and I'm surprised.

Actually it has, Wheel, thought it did. It just shares it with other Chappell sitcom Duty Free.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th February 2021, 11:37 PM

Actually it has, Wheel, thought it did. It just shares it with other Chappell sitcom Duty Free.

But it's doesn't have its own thread, that's with another sitcom. I don't count that as its own thread.