Unbelievable Jeff!

Easter eggs in the Coop this morning, and one of the ladies tells me that Asda has one complete side of a gondola full of Easter "goodies".

FFS Angry

Don't they realise, Easter's already cancelled.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th January 2021, 11:38 AM

Don't they realise, Easter's already cancelled.

Oh good, then we can have fireworks instead in the shops instead.

I love an optimist.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th January 2021, 3:35 PM

I love an optimist.

More ironical pessimist, as I love the sound of those cretins letting off all manner of fireworks for no apparent reason and at all hours with not a jot of concern for families with small children/babies to get to sleep and animals to care for.

I 've noticed quite a few holiday adverts coming on tv too??
If you're quick, you'll read in the small print - refunds might not apply. I'm taking that as none.

Buying and selling,that's how the world works and there hasn't been enough of it going on.
Who's Jeff?

Quote: john tregorran @ 24th January 2021, 6:31 PM

Who's Jeff?

Chris Kamara Sky roving football reporter whenever something unusual happens on the field he says it sometimes to the studio anchor Jeff Stelling, and it's become a sort of catchphrase.

Thanks.I never had Sky but I do recognize the names.

Quote: john tregorran @ 25th January 2021, 1:48 AM

Thanks.I never had Sky but I do recognize the names.

No, I don't have Sky either, but Kamara pops up everywhere now with his infectious laugh and even issued a reasonable Christmas album.

This is the clip where he first came to the attention of people in general, the famous red card incident "I don't know, Jeff?"....................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th January 2021, 9:33 AM

No, I don't have Sky either, but Kamara pops up everywhere now with his infectious laugh and even issued a reasonable Christmas album.

This is the clip where he first came to the attention of people in general, the famous red card incident "I don't know, Jeff?"....................

When I worked in a railway ticket office he came up to buy a ticket with a massive grin on his face. I didn't show any signs of recognising him.

Quite right.Who does he think he is?
My BH worked in a florists and a local rock star swaggered in looking all famous.She knew him but pretended not to and even asked him to spell his name out on the greetings card he wanted.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th January 2021, 5:35 PM

When I worked in a railway ticket office he came up to buy a ticket with a massive grin on his face. I didn't show any signs of recognising him.

That reminds me of Ardal O'Hanlon once saying he would love to do a chat show with his first guest being Neil Armstrong and he said he would conduct the entire interview without once mentioning the moon.

:D I'm sure Neil Armstrong would welcome that after the thousands of predictable interviews he's had over the years.

I love that idea and can see something in that for a spoof chat show where the guests are in on it. Nigel Mansell without any mention of motor racing, Terry Waite appraising new models of radiators against the clock, Angela Rippon without praising her wonderful time on the wonderful Masterteam and how radiant she looked.

Like David Brent fused with Alan Partridge and Ali G innit.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th January 2021, 10:27 PM

I love that idea and can see something in that for a spoof chat show where the guests are in on it.

My Internet "friend" had a show on TV where he "interviewed" celebrities for a radio station and acted completely clueless. It was very funny. Here's a clip: