Tawny Pipit (1944)

Very light comedy film, nonetheless delightful, set in a quintessential English village and written, produced and directed by Bernard Miles who also had a main part in it (!), which explains its cosiness - a man I am a great fan of, as mentioned previous by me, I think.
TPTV got the summary wrong by describing it as a village try to save the nest of a very rare bird (the breed is the title) visitor to these shores from the building of a new road, but NO it was about thwarting bird's egg thieves as apparently even then they would fetch £40 each (about £1800 in today's money) - someone should actually watch the film before commenting, instead of guessing what it might be!

Not everyone's cup of tea and not going to set the world alight, but a pleasant way to spend an hour or so, and no one of any note in it except for Lord Bernard and there she is again, a part for Katie (Kate in this for some reason) Johnson of The Lady Killers fame.

I remember watching this back in the 1960s but have no memory of what it was about apart from a bird.

Katie Johnson was so amazing in The Lady Killers it's hard to imagine her anything else.