Gimme 5!

Just out of interest and as a chance to persuade me to change my views from 'Remainer to Leaver' could the Leavers list 'Their' perceived top 5 advantages from a Brexit.
So many people have so many issues and a lot I can see as being truly relevant to them , for instance if I was replaced by cheap euro labour I would be pissed right off. So come on what will I get if I jump on the wagon with you?

I'm going to try to ignore the answers to this as I know I'll get into fights with all the Brexshiteers.

I'd rather see ONE good reason to stay.

Equal pay for men and women and at least 20 days paid leave and the rights of expectant mothers to sufficient maternity leave.?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 11th April 2019, 10:03 PM

Equal pay for men and women and at least 20 days paid leave and the rights of expectant mothers to sufficient maternity leave.?

What has that got to do with being part of an unelected dictatorship?

Quote: Chappers @ 11th April 2019, 9:56 PM

I'd rather see ONE good reason to stay.

That wasn't the answer to the question. You must be a politician.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th April 2019, 10:12 PM

What has that got to do with being part of an unelected dictatorship?

We know all about that in Scotland.

Chappers stay on point please otherwise it will be a quagmire rather than something that addresses the specific issues raised.
However I may add this:
The Commission can only propose laws in those areas where the EU governments have unanimously agreed to allow it to do under the EU treaty. As such the Commission can only propose EU laws in areas where the UK government and the House of Commons has allowed it to do so.
Whilst 'proposing' is not the same as 'deciding'. A Commission proposal only becomes law if it is approved by both a qualified-majority in the EU Council and a simple majority in the European Parliament.
In practice this means that after the amendments adopted by the governments and the MEPs, the legislation usually looks very different to what the Commission originally proposed. In this sense, the Commission is much weaker than it was in the 1980s, when it was harder to amend its proposals in the Council and when the European Parliament did not have amendment and veto power.

The sound of silence from the Brexiteers.