Bilko

What an evening to be had.

Anyone got one themselves?

Lenny Bruce
Jerry Seinfeld
Mel Brooks
Woody Allen
Joan Rivers

Nice table but i'd swerve Woody as I can only take so much of that pseudo intellectual angst . A late sub for me would be Victoria Wood as she and Joan Rivers would be hilarious,

Billy Connolly
Tommy Sheridan
Alex Salmond
Denzil Meyrick (whom you won't have heard of)
My (almost lifelong) best friend as she'd love to share the experience
Should make for a lively and funny evening.
Maybe we could drag in Rees-Mogg so everybody could give him a kicking for dessert.

Not a bad table and I suspect the Haggis would be piped in so as not to breach tradition . Not bad guests at all but I would prefer it if the Big Yin was Pre Lovey. And if I could I would change Denzil for Para Handy or Rab C .only because I would know enough to converse politely and in an informed manner. I could even handle TV John or Hamish as potential stand ins .

We've played this for years but entitled it 'They could come for Sunday Dinner'
Stephen Fry (excellent conversation)
Julian Clary (wifes choice)
Not Jim Royle (he eats with his fingers)
Rik Mayall (Rik Mayall)
Will I Am (Wifes not so secret crush)
Kelly Brook (if she's inviting Will I am...)
Mel C (Sorry MM, you can't come in and we have closed the curtains)

Ste this sounds more like a swingers party where Stephen Fry holds the coats. I knew West Yorkshire was racy but 'Flippin eck'

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 15th February 2019, 7:15 AM

Not a bad table and I suspect the Haggis would be piped in so as not to breach tradition . Not bad guests at all but I would prefer it if the Big Yin was Pre Lovey. And if I could I would change Denzil for Para Handy or Rab C .only because I would know enough to converse politely and in an informed manner. I could even handle TV John or Hamish as potential stand ins .

I suspect you wouldn't need to be polite! Yes, maybe Rab C would be a good alternative . I know what you mean about Billy Conno?ly, but I'm reading his latest book (co-written, I think) and he really hasn't forgotten his origins. I find it comforting because I grew up in similar circumstances, partly in Govan.