British Comedy Guide

Greeting Card Design

tigerbailey

• Friday 20th July 2018, 3:20pm
  • The Lake District, United Kingdom
  • 11 posts

I have a funny greeting card design does anyone know where I can send the idea to for it to be published?

Kind regards Bailes

Paul Wimsett

• Thursday 14th February 2019, 9:44pm
  • Folkestone, United Kingdom
  • 3,379 posts

I think I tried a few ideas for Emotional Rescue for instance a bar full of girls with kiss curls who say, "We'll have the Rachel next month." Didn't get anywhere.

Teddy Paddalack

• Thursday 14th February 2019, 9:51pm
  • Everton, England
  • 3,135 posts

I did about 200 and got one through they gave me £150 and I really felt like I earned it. I'm nit saying everyone I sent was a diamond but I felt the I couldn't live with the standard . Then I looked at what they had on their cards and realised its all about subjectivity, so if you're on their wave length it could be a lucrative little caper. They have a lot of ranges and they do get back to you, so they're well worth a punt even if its just one or two . My motto is 'When you gel you sell '

Paul Wimsett

• Saturday 16th February 2019, 7:16pm
  • Folkestone, United Kingdom
  • 3,379 posts

That's not earning it, Teddy. That's slave labour at that success rate.

Teddy Paddalack

• Saturday 16th February 2019, 7:29pm
  • Everton, England
  • 3,135 posts

I know that Paul but when you earn £5 an hour you look for other stuff to supplement , I packed it in because it was draining me and not paying me .

Johnny26

• Friday 19th April 2019, 1:29pm
  • England
  • 79 posts

do you just send in the joke and they match it to a picture or do you have to write to fit a picture

Cheers J26

Teddy Paddalack

• Friday 19th April 2019, 7:21pm
  • Everton, England
  • 3,135 posts

You can do both you just have to see what specific genres they want first

Old Lady Leg

• Sunday 28th April 2019, 4:40pm
  • Complete and utter Kent, United Kingdom
  • 449 posts

Is it not better to design your own cards and have them printed to sell yourself? I take it the initial price you're paid by companies is all you get? I designed my own Christmas card for horror fans and had a printing company produce me a set amount. I then sold them individually for a fair profit. They're very thin and the cost of posting to customers is very little...and can be reflected in your pricing. I sold some at a car boot sale.

Teddy Paddalack

• Wednesday 1st May 2019, 5:48pm
  • Everton, England
  • 3,135 posts

Thanks for the advice OLL, I must admit I did actually laugh to myself when I wrote some of them but the people I sent them to clearly didn't .