bdgnfz 27.6 - 3.7.18

Cule has-beans so c**tgratulations to GAPPY for winkin'. PM me with a subject for next wank please.
Hence:

Votes - Points - Name
3 -10 - Gappy
2 - 5 - Otterfox
1 - 1 - Crindy

Your next topic is PERFORMANCE.
Rules: One entry / vote per human being. Anywank can enter regardless of sexual preference, inside ball measurement or humidity of gums, except Matt Cardle because he has kissed my favourite Spice Girl.
Can be a sketch, one-liner, song, whatever the f**k you like, as long as 'tis humourous and in some way linked to the topic.
Edit as much as you wank till it closes, i.e. 3.7.18.

Scorebored is now:
Position - Points - Name
1 - 4 -25 - Otterfox
2 - 15 - Gappy
3 - 11 - Crindy
4 - 5 - LazySusan, Playfull, me

Stand-up tragedy

FANNY Hi, I'm Fanny Cherry and this is... EVERYTHING GOES, the only true Open Mic in all Dorset Street. Say whatever you like, however you like, whenever you like! No limits, no censorship, occasionally no laughs...The stage is yours!

FRANCESCO gets up on stage; FANNY sits and watches.

FRANCESCO Thanks. This is a piece I tried out...

FANNY It's not old, is it? We only accept new material.

FRANCESCO I thought you said Everything Goes.

FANNY Yes. Everything as long as it's new - Goes.

FRANCESCO I tried it out on a German, and Germans are famous for their sense of humour.

FANNY You're not racist are you?

FRANCESCO No... I'm not saying my wife's tight, but for the wedding she ordered confetti on elastic.

FANNY Sexist!

FRANCESCO My grandfather has green fingers. He's been dead for six months.

FANNY Ageist!

FRANCESCO Have you ever met a fat person who'll admit it's their fault?

FANNY Fattist!

FRANCESCO To convince my parents I'm gay, I had to bust my ass...

FANNY Homophone!

FRANCESCO My brother has issues. Most from the top shelf.

FANNY The family is a delicate area. Let's steer away from that.

FRANCESCO I said, One Big Mac please. He said, With relish? I said, Mmmmm, OOoooooooooone BBBig Maaaaaaaaac pleeeeease.

FANNY We have a lot of vegans in our audiences.

FRANCESCO The Pied Piper of Hamlyn, three hundred children running after one man. That's a priest in reverse.

FANNY And Catholics.

FRANCESCO 42% of impotent men can't count. I feel sorry for you. 42%? That's more than half.

FANNY Impotence is a very serious condition.

FRANCESCO I said to Donald and Melania, Can you think of an original slogan? They said, Yes we can.

FANNY NO politics, thank you.

FRANCESCO There's a game I play in Rome's underground, Avoid the gypsy. The winner keeps his money.

FANNY There's nothing funny about those with too little money.

FRANCESCO Kate Middleton was so excited about the royal baby, she pissed herself. Was that a royal wee?

FANNY Or too much.

FRANCESCO I must stop talking about the Spice Girls. Too much!

FANNY We do NOT laugh at the Spice Girls!

FRANCESCO Oh for f**k's sake...

FANNY Language!

FRANCESCO All right. A free-thinking, liberal-minded, non-racist, non-sexist, non-anythingist vegan from a stable background with no medical history, religious affiliation or political beliefs... F**k it. (leaves)

FANNY F**king wop poof.

1: Hi there.

2: Hey. You alright?

1: Pretty good. What you been up to?

2: Practicing, mostly.

1: Oh, good for you. You're enjoying it then?

2: Yeah. I love the violin.

1: Oh, I think it's great, you putting so much effort in. Jumping in and picking it up late in life.

2: What do you mean?

1: No, just...it's good you're learning the violin.

2: Cool. Actually, I've got a gig.

1: Oh, that's...no, that's good, that's good: dive in the deep end, get it over with, you know. Good stuff.

2: Yeah. In fact, it's a competition.

1: Ah. I'm not...I don't really um...

2: What?

1: It's only...maybe, maybe it's a little early for you to be entering a competition.

2: What about the deep end? You like the deep end?

1: Yeah, I do. It's just...I don't want anyone to make a, well, like, a fool of you.

2: I think that's my business.

1: Not exactly. It's my business to ensure you retain some level of respect. You are, after all, the devil.

2: What you saying, Astaroth?

1: What I'm saying is, Lord Satan, that you're really not very good at the violin, and people will piss themselves if you play it.

2: Ha! I am the devil! And the devil can do no wrong!

1: That statement is exactly 100% incorrect.

2: Yeah, well, I'm father of lies, so...

1: Oh, I wish I'd never thought of that slogan.

2: It's the last good bit of PR you did. Now, if you've quite finished, I am going down to Georgia. Good day!

1: [SIGH]

SFX: MOBILE DIALLING

1: Azazel? Hi, mate. Yeah, got a big one, drop what you're doing. We need some pretty major spin action, loony Lucifer has just gone to get absolutely twatted in some sort of talent show. {BEAT] No, no the fiddle - I agree, a magic show he'd be fine. Come up with a good story before anyone else reports it, right? [BEAT] Anything, just damage limitation, yeah? Oh, also, I had an idea of how to tweak that thrashing team Damnation got last week - I say, we change the rules so what we did wasn't a bunch of fouls. Make a new game. We'll call it - I dunno - rugby league? Just give it weird rules and a...hooter or something. [BEAT] Yes, I know it's preposterous. We'll just have to style it out, pretend it's not a f**king stupid game. [BEAT] Yeah, for all eternity, yeah. I know, I know...

INT. TV STUDIO - DAY

A studio perched high inside a football stadium. A dapper PRESENTER smiles at the camera and turns to a dour-faced PUNDIT alongside him.

PRESENTER
Well, half time here, but what a remarkable game we've got on our hands. What did you make of Brazil in the first half?

PUNDIT
Well, I mean, the performance we've seen there, when you see a performance like that on the football pitch, it's the sort of performance that you have to stand back and admire.

PRESENTER
...Right. What about the performance impressed you so much?

PUNDIT
Well, as I say, I mean, the all-round performance from them. It's so impressive when you see players performing like that, and putting in that kind of performance at this level.

PRESENTER
Ok...I mean, that's rather vague analysis, if you don't mind me saying. What exactly about this Brazil performance did you admire?

PUNDIT
Everything.

PRESENTER
Everything?

PUNDIT
Everything. It's just one of those performances where everyone's performing exactly as the manager wants them to. A real performance--

PRESENTER
But, again, just trying to get to specifics, what parts of the performance really stood out?

PUNDIT
Oh, all of it. That's what makes this sort of performance so impressive--

PRESENTER
The goals? We can maybe start with the goals?

PUNDIT
Doesn't matter where you start. It was about the whole performance. The performance as a whole. And as I say, this sort of performance just makes you sit back and go 'Wow'.

PRESENTER
And, specifically, what about that first half made you go 'Wow'?

PUNDIT
The performance.

PRESENTER
(patiently)
Alright--Ok, different angle. Players. Which players impressed you most?

PUNDIT
Well, like I was saying, a performance like this? It's not about the individuals, it's about the all-round team performance.

PRESENTER
Right--

PUNDIT
But also, I mean, individual performances are so important at this level, they're key to a performance like this. The players.

PRESENTER
Ah, ok, so what players in particular...?

PUNDIT
Oh, all of them.

PRESENTER
(irritated)
Ok...let's try--Here's a clip of the first goal. Now, think about this for a moment before you answer: What was it precisely about this goal that impressed you?

A clip of a goal plays as they talk on over it.

PUNDIT
Well, it's like I've been saying, I mean, you see here, the performance from each of the players, it's one of the best performances you're ever going to see--

PRESENTER
Just...what about that player? When he played the through ball?

PUNDIT
Oh, like I said, all the players.

PRESENTER
Or this player? Who scored the goal?

PUNDIT
All of them.

PRESENTER
(sighing)
Um...I've got a magic pen here if you want to draw some lines on the screen to help expand on your point?

The Presenter hands the Pundit the magic pen.

PUNDIT
Oh, right. Yeah. I mean, really, if I wanted to get into specifics, the key to this performance is...

He draws a circle around the entire pitch on the screen.

PUNDIT (Cont'd)
In that sort of area.

PRESENTER
(exasperated)
Ok. Good. Right. Any...possible thoughts about the second half? Anything at all?

PUNDIT
Well, I just think when you've one team that's put in this sort of performance, you've got to be looking at the other team, and they've got to be saying to themselves "Hey, that performance from the other lads was top notch, we need to perform better and make sure our performance is--"

PRESENTER
Look, do you actually know who's playing?

PUNDIT
Not a clue, no.

The Presenter sighs deeply and turns back to the camera.

PRESENTER
And with that, let's get back to the second half...

THE END

The Monkey House

Mined the Gap.

Michael this week. :)

Three nicely different entries, with Michael just edging it (and that's not the sexual use of edging...).