RIP Bruce Forsyth

RIP Brucie

One of the greatest all round entertainers this country has ever produced. Odd that I should be watching the Sunday Night at the London Palladium DVD at the moment, which shows what a multi-talented entertainer he was.

Yes, Rest in Peace Mr Forsyth, you have earned it.

A real legend. Let's hope the press hacks aren't out to besmirch him.

Who remembers his recording of "I'm Backing Britain", a campaign to boost the British economy started by a group of office girls in 1968?

RIP.

RIP. The clock has beaten him, just like his brother Methuselah.

Did he really want to open a tobacconists?

A shining talent. It's such a shame his wide array of talents were overshadowed at the end of his career by a simple presenting stint, no matter how good a job he made of it.

I know of him only for being relentlessly mocked, from Peter Cook to Viz, and for presenting non-cerebral game shows.

Only Bob Monkhouse was a better game show host imo. Brucie was always entertaining and superb with guests, as oppose to BM's often self centred brilliance as the star of the show. Played some nice little cameos in things like Tripper's Day and Graham Stark's TMSDS. He certainly made the most of what he had and benefited from TV's headlong dive into populist light entertainment.

I admired Bruce for never trying to take over. I remember back in 1992 he was interviewing Jack Dee and he left the floor to Jack - he didn't try to steal the limelight despite being the more experienced performwer, which struck me as very confident of him.

Very sad news but comforting knowing that he passed away at home. A king among men in the entertainment world and I have many fond memories of the laughter watching his shows with the family on a Saturday night. I was delighted to see him receiving his nighthood in 2011 but that should have happened long before.

I don't watch Strictly but it was frustrating reading stories about criticism towards Brucie on that show because Brucie was immune to all criticism.

RIP Brucie, no more like like him will be seen.

It seems similar to the death of Max Miller really. They'll never be another.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st August 2017, 9:04 AM

It seems similar to the death of Max Miller really. They'll never be another.

Amen to that.