Guy's build up to going to a brothel

Hello women in the audience, we live in australia and brothels are legal "throw something at me now" I am not a good ducker (audience laughs)
I no right i come out and my first joke is about brothels but i wanted to explain that guys dont just wake up one day and say i'm going to a brothel. It's a lead up it takes about 3 weaks . Every morning he wakes u drinking his coffee or smoking his bong looking at the morning paper seeing the brothel adds, I bet you girls think that if we have the money we going straight ther right? wrong we close the paper we go out and we try, o dear we try so so hard to hook up, then get knocked down , 3 weeks go by that newspapers looking pretty good and that hot chick from 3 weeks ago isnt in the paper no more shes gone. So its been 3 weeks we tried o so hard okay were going for it , next morning we have a shower deoderant on we are going to that brothel to hook up with that hot chick
we get there and you know what she says to us have a shower, oh yer you just slept with 10 guys you asking me to have a shower we do the deed we come home, f**kk this paper i'm watching sports

Are brothels legal in the UK? When I lived there, the interiors of phone booths were always papered with little cards that seemed to be advertising the services of prostitutes. Surely a sitcom in there.

I saw my dad in a brothel. I said, Come here often? He said, Just once and I'm done.

Just out of interest Michael, do you do mother (and father) jokes in your stand up ? How does the audience react, given we're brought up to "honour thy father and mother." I'm not judging I'm just genuinely interested on audience reaction.

Audiences don't really think. As long as you keep them laughing they don't care.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 28th March 2020, 3:12 PM

Audiences don't really think. As long as you keep them laughing they don't care.

That's where I've been going wrong!

I've been trying to keep them thinking - so that's why they're not really laughing! :O

My comedy makes people think. They think, he's a c**t.