British Comedy Guide

Sunny D

Sunny D. Image shows from L to R: Kadean (Gbemisola Ikumelo), Stefan (David Ajao), Nicola (Sasha Frost), Dane (Dane Baptiste), Gloria (Liz Hume-Dawson), Lawrence (Don Warrington). Copyright: BBC.

Sunny D

Sitcom starring Dane Baptiste as a 29 year-old man who feels trapped still living with his parents

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 9:57am
  • England
  • 13,837 posts

Awoke from falling asleep in front of Match of the Day Saturday (I think it was) to find this sitcom playing and have to say it was very good. What a shame it doesn't have a better spot.

Ronald S

• Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 4:43pm
  • 78 posts

Oh, I read your post because I thought it was about pop you can no longer buy.

Aaron

• Thursday 1st December 2016, 8:01pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 67,717 posts

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. A shame it's only 4 long when certain other complete dross gets much more than that. I'm looking forward to seeing more next year - fingers crossed.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd November 2016, 9:57 AM

Awoke from falling asleep in front of Match of the Day Saturday (I think it was) to find this sitcom playing and have to say it was very good. What a shame it doesn't have a better spot.

It's in a token graveyard slot because it's an online BBC Three commission. :(

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Saturday 3rd December 2016, 11:59am
  • England
  • 13,837 posts
Quote: Aaron @ 1st December 2016, 8:01 PM

It's in a token graveyard slot because it's an online BBC Three commission. :(

That's a crying shame as it has turned out to be a very funny sitcom.

Just watched the third episode on demand and am loving the love/hate relationship he has with his twin sister.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Tuesday 13th December 2016, 9:04am
  • England
  • 13,837 posts

Hmm, shouldn't have said anything as the last episode somewhat fizzled out to nothing really and was a great disappointment. Couple of good jokes but.................oh dear.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Thursday 7th December 2017, 12:12pm
  • England
  • 13,837 posts

Well, here we are a year later and still no further series. Looks like it's time to give up hope of ever seeing any more. Pity as it did, I think, have legs.

Dane Baptiste was on Apprentice You're Fired last night that my wife was watching. (I gave up with Seralan years ago.)