Podcasts - Constant Requests For Funding

I've recently purchased an iPod Touch to replace my old nano 4 (although it stopped working last night, so back to Argos it must go). Therefore I have been indulging in a bit of an iTunes podcast spree; what I have noticed is that some podcasters keep begging/appealing for money every half hour or so. The ones I've noticed doing this the most are: Richard Herring's 'RHLSP', Adam Goldsmith's 'Com Com' and Olly Mann's 'The Modern Mann'. I agree that donating, say £4, which equates to the price of a magazine is fair enough, but the constant requests are working my nerves.

Can't they just rely on adverts? There must be people willing to write them about? ;)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 3rd July 2016, 2:52 PM BST

Can't they just rely on adverts? There must be people willing to write them about? ;)

I agree, you'd think so, wouldn't you? Maybe it depends on their profile? Adam Buxton doesn't seem to beg, but perhaps he's minted as he attended Westminster School with Louis Theroux and Nick Clegg!?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 3rd July 2016, 12:35 PM BST

......../ some podcasters keep begging/appealing for money every half hour or so. The ones I've noticed doing this the most are: Richard Herring's 'RHLSP', Adam Goldsmith's 'Com Com' .../

What surprises me about Stuart Goldsmith is that he doesn't attempt to make that section of the podcast in the least bit entertaining. There's no incentive to listen to it whatsoever, which must cost him £lots in lost revenue.

Quote: Nogget @ 4th July 2016, 2:10 PM BST

What surprises me about Stuart Goldsmith is that he doesn't attempt to make that section of the podcast in the least bit entertaining. There's no incentive to listen to it whatsoever, which must cost him £lots in lost revenue.

I know what you mean - a recent one went along the lines of:

"Give me some money, I'll keep it short as I'm going to New Zealand tomorrow and I haven't packed yet."

Errr ...

I agree. Theres something really gross about it.