Smith & Jones Sketch From The 80s

There is a sketch from Smith & Jones that I've been looking for on YouTube but have never been able to find it. I've not bought the Smith & Jones DVD yet which I should do but reviews I've read say that there is a lot of material not indcluded in the DVD release so it's no guarantee the sketch will be on it.

The sketch features just Mel Smith who plays a real slob and somehow has a beautiful supermodel type wife that leaves him because of his slobby ways. All I can remember is him crying on the marital bed which is covered in pizza and beer cans wailing "why did you have to leave me".

I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can identify the sketch and confirm if it's on the DVD as I would love to see it again.

I have this DVD

And there is a lot of good stuff missing

Now I've not watched it for a while but I really don't recall this sketch being on it

hey lofthouse, cheers for the reply :)

It woudn't surprise me if it's not on the DVD and the more I read about how much is missing from the alleged 'full series' DVD the more I'm reluctant to buy it based on false advertising. This sketch was a one off and only lasted a few minutes but I'm 99% sure it ended with him in full song and backing music so it could have been towards the end of an episode or even the finale. I think the plan of action is for me to just buy the DVD and watch it and if I get no luck there I'll start scouring YouTube for Smith And Jones footage posted before the DVD was released or with VHS in the title. Hopefully I'll find a recording from the original airing but there is so much of it it's hard to find somewhere to start.

There is a lot of material I don't remember and it's only the key ones like Stanley Rogers, the generals and beer darts that stand out so if any of them are missing I'll be miffed but I'm sure there will be plenty of scenes that bring back memories.

edit: I just thought that maybe going down the avenue of finding out all the female performers that worked with them will lead to it so that is something I can work with.

The Stanley Rogers sketch is brilliant

Guess what - it's not on the DVD ...

Grrr!

The thing is , the DVD is called "Volume 1"

But im guessing vol 2 is never gonna see the light of day

Bugger!

That's a good point which I forgot during my rant about it being incomplete! I saw on Amazon a while ago it's called volume 1 so it makes me wonder if they had already planned the material that would be on volume 2 which is why heavyweights like Stanly Rogers were missed off volume 1. I could understand if that's the reason.

Shame that's not on the DVD but at least that is a nice easy one to find on YouTube. I'll never forget watching that for the first time and my dad was howling with laughter but me and my brother didn't get it. We hadn't seen the films and were still too young to understand the concept of spoof.

Yeah it's hysterical

One good thing about the DVD is it has some decent extras

There's 3 or 4 of these one off drama half hour story things they did

And a couple of Christmas specials - one of which in particular is very good

It's like a family Christmas video diary thing - very funny