Frank Finlay RIP

RIP

He starred in one of the best Blackadder episodes, certainly the best episode of the first series, "The Witchsmeller Pursuivant". A truly great actor and a great loss.

In the Blackadder book that came out a few years back it told the story of how after they had wrapped filming with Frank Finlay they had packed up and gone home only to receive news that Frank had been left behind and was wandering around the area.

RIP indeed - ye gods! I said before I had a feeling that this year was going to be one of those where a lot of people would be popping off and we are still (only just) in January.

Who is next? Ken Dodd? Brucie?

From IMDB

Frank Finlay, he with the dark and handsomely serious-to-mordant looks...

I can't better that. RIP

I thought about his 'Witchsmeller Persuivent' character this very morning. RIP Mr Finlay.

Odds for the next one to snuff it? I hope One Direction.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 1st February 2016, 7:20 PM GMT

Odds for the next one to snuff it?

Ken Dodd or Brucie?

It's actually http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/02/r-i-p-maurice-white-earth-wind-fire-founder-dead-at-74/. Next up?

Quote: Woozie @ 31st January 2016, 10:47 PM GMT

certainly the best episode of the first series, "The Witchsmeller Pursuivant".

I remember that as my least favourite but -a- I was about 10 and -b- no one gives a shit what I think, except my wife, sisters and cat.

Quote: Woozie @ 31st January 2016, 10:47 PM GMT

RIP

He starred in one of the best Blackadder episodes, certainly the best episode of the first series, "The Witchsmeller Pursuivant". A truly great actor and a great loss.

In the Blackadder book that came out a few years back it told the story of how after they had wrapped filming with Frank Finlay they had packed up and gone home only to receive news that Frank had been left behind and was wandering around the area.

Oh Thaaaaaaat Frank Finlay
All this time I was thinking Bill Simpson..- 'Dr Finlays interminable case book' ..which I formerly confused with the nighmareish 'All creatures great and small.'
[they have since changed my meds ]