June Whitfield

I note that the veteran comedy Goddess June Whitfield is turning ninety very soon. She's featuring in a BBC Radio 4 show entitled '90 Not Out' which is being broadcast on Sunday, 20th December at 19:15 GMT.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 19th December 2015, 12:33 PM GMT

I note that the veteran comedy Goddess June Whitfield is turning ninety very soon.

Actually, more than a month ago!

I'm really looking forward to the doc though. She's a real star.

Wonderful comedy actress (yes, not actor) who worked with everyone who was/is great in British comedy. My goodness, the tales that lady could tell. :O

Quote: Aaron @ 19th December 2015, 2:09 PM GMT

Actually, more than a month ago!

I'm really looking forward to the doc though. She's a real star.

Oh dear, I mwant to send her a card.

She is indeed a talented lady and played alongside so many of the comedy greats of the day.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th December 2015, 2:42 PM GMT

Wonderful comedy actress (yes, not actor) who worked with everyone who was/is great in British comedy. My goodness, the tales that lady could tell. :O

I recall reading a photographic account of her life, but unfortunately there was no gossip within :(

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 19th December 2015, 2:52 PM GMT

I recall reading a photographic account of her life, but unfortunately there was no gossip within :(

I have and read that last year, and you're right - no goss. Not that she would, but she could write a bombshell of a book if she wanted to.

She has aged extremely well I loved her in Terry & June, and thought she was very good in the Carry on films.