British Comedy Guide

Wannabe stand-ups in South Wales

Jamie Di Cataldo

• Sunday 25th October 2015, 7:11pm [Edited]
  • Wales
  • 3 posts

Hi to all wannabe stand up comedians in South Wales!
Are you finding it difficult to find gigs in this area like myself?
I am wanting to get a group together to perhaps support each other or maybe put on a night/club ourselves?
Let me know on here if you're interested.

Jamie

Darren hoskins

• Friday 30th October 2015, 11:00am
  • Bristol, England
  • 97 posts

Hi Jamie, I'm in the Forest of Dean half the time, so South Wales very easy for me while I'm there. Bristol has a lot going on too, if you can travel or share driving, the Snug and The Crofters Rights, both in Stokes Crofters are doing new Act/ material nights ... Cheers Darren

Jamie Di Cataldo

• Sunday 8th November 2015, 6:08pm
  • Wales
  • 3 posts

Hi Darren

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look that up online and test out some material. I was thinking about looking at Bristol, I've heard there is some sort of variety open spots at the Fringe. I only know of one night in Cardiff, but that only seems to be monthly.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Di Cataldo

• Sunday 8th November 2015, 6:36pm
  • Wales
  • 3 posts

I've just noticed as well actually, that the comedy school are running classes next year in Bristol? I don't really know what comedian's opinions of these are?

Paul Wimsett

• Sunday 8th November 2015, 9:13pm
  • Folkestone, United Kingdom
  • 3,395 posts

I think most comedians are pro getting as many gigs as possible. So the practice is probably the best thing to come out of such courses, rather than a qualification.

Darren hoskins

• Monday 9th November 2015, 1:10pm
  • Bristol, England
  • 97 posts

I did the London Comedy School course this spring, I think the best thing to come out of it was meeting other people interested in the same stuff and the social and networking benefits. A group putting on a regular new act/ material night in South Wales would be great.