Early Doors Series 3

I recently read a interview with Craig Cash (Not a recent interview, dated Wednesday, August 31, 2005.) where a 3rd early doors is discussed was just wondering if any forum members had any infomation on this ?

P.s sorry if this has been discussed befor.

This is abit of the interview below.

You're having a break before you write Early Doors series three. What are you working on in the meantime?

I'm doing a one-off drama called Sunshine. I'm writing it with Phil, whom I wrote Early Doors with. It's a drama with comedy as opposed to a comedy with drama. We're taking a break to do that. We're going to get stuck into writing series three soon.

A link to the whole interview http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/interviews/article.html?in_article_id=505&in_page_id=11

Any info would be appreciated.

Cash is working with Peter Kay on a series about bin men.

That could be brilliant, if it does happen.

If it's just an hour of Peter Kay putting his own material, and then himself, into a bin, then yes. That would be brilliant. ;)

How can the head honcho of a comedy website dislike both Ricky Gervais and Peter Kay? Okay, both have their faults and have done some lazy tat in their time, but each man can also lay claim to some truly great stuff (The Office and That Peter Kay Thing respectively). I think it's time we staged a military coup and ousted Aaron.

Quote: chipolata @ October 1, 2007, 10:19 AM

How can the head honcho of a comedy website dislike both Ricky Gervais and Peter Kay?

'Cos they're not funny, perhaps? Kay is just a twat. No other way about it. Gervais is talented, but vastly, VASTLY overrated. Merchant, IMO, is probably quite superior.

Quote: Steve Adams @ September 30, 2007, 4:01 PM

I recently read a interview with Craig Cash (Not a recent interview, dated Wednesday, August 31, 2005.) where a 3rd early doors is discussed was just wondering if any forum members had any infomation on this ?

P.s sorry if this has been discussed befor.

This is abit of the interview below.

You're having a break before you write Early Doors series three. What are you working on in the meantime?

I'm doing a one-off drama called Sunshine. I'm writing it with Phil, whom I wrote Early Doors with. It's a drama with comedy as opposed to a comedy with drama. We're taking a break to do that. We're going to get stuck into writing series three soon.

A link to the whole interview http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/interviews/article.html?in_article_id=505&in_page_id=11

Any info would be appreciated.

I asked Vincent Davies who starred along side John Henshaw in the visit about the third series of early doors and as yet there’s “no plans”

See https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/2289/5#38178

Cheerz for the info barry, much appreciated.

Quote: Aaron @ October 1, 2007, 11:16 PM

Kay is just a twat. No other way about it.

Have you got that on good authority or do you just hate his work?

My thoughts on Kay are thus:

His first stand up DVD - Top of the Tower was brilliant. Yes, it was full of the nostalgia stuff that a lot of people hate, but what was so grest about it was that it had proper gags too. It didn't rely on 'Do you remember . . .' stuff.

That Peter Kay Thing / The Services and Pheonix Nights series 1 were both wonderfully crafted sitcoms. The whole cast were excellent. And for me, both are go down as classics.

PN series 2 was a bit rubbish. Had some very good moments, but it was a bit crowd pleasing at times.

Max and Paddy (I wanted it to be so good, they were my favourite characters from PN) was utter dog shit. Really awful. Playing to the gallery bilge - and it signalled the downward slide of Kay's work.

His second stand DVD was over reliant on just mentioning Fanta or whatever and getting a laugh. It had two or three nice bits, but the rest was, as I've said, crowd pleasing. 'Garlic bread' went from being a nice, let-field observation, to a cash cow he milked mercilessly.

His charity singles were quite awful, and was the final nail in his coffin I think. And yes, apparently he's a really horrible man who'd constantly screw over fellow comic who were starting out.

Oh and his autobiography was crap too.

What I will say though is that if he and Craig Cash team up, Cash could be the one to drag Kay back up in terms of people's opinions. Cash is a wonderful writer - and so was Kay. So we'll see.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ October 3, 2007, 9:33 AM

Have you got that on good authority or do you just hate his work?

Quote: Seefacts @ October 3, 2007, 11:21 AM

And yes, apparently he's a really horrible man who'd constantly screw over fellow comic who were starting out.