Car accident

Thought I'd post a couple of oldies from le dark side before sticking some new stuff up here just to see the reaction.

CAR ACCIDENT.

Woman is sat in her front room when the doorbell rings. She goes to answer it. On the doorstep is a man.

Man: Is this number 34?

Woman: Yes.

Man: Then you must be Mrs. Mullins. I am so sorry about this. I'm afraid there has been an accident. I was driving home from the pub and was about to pull up into my drive and I'm afraid I hit your cat. I really must apologise. Please, if there is anything I can do just ask.

We see a back view of the man. The woman peers over the shoulder of the man looking puzzled. Back to original shot.

Woman: Um........I think I just need to point out a few things. First this is 34 but I'm not Mrs. Mullins, she is next door. Second, I don't own a cat so, again, it can't be mine. Thirdly, and most importantly, that is not a cat on your bonnet, it's a child.

Man: Oh.

Woman: Yeeeah.

Man: So..........I haven't hit your cat?

Woman: No.

Man: Oh thank christ.

Loved it when you first mailed me, Love it still Laughing out loud

Nice one Ruby!!! :)

:D good one Ruby, I've heard something like it before but still a good sketch.

Awwwww!

It is a great sketch but it reminds me of a Little Britain radio sketch where two polcemen go tell a woman (Mrs Smith, I can't remember the name) that her husband was involved in an accident, but they then find out it's another Mrs Smith Husband from next door, much hilarity ensues with same sort of reaction from policeman.

I know I'm a newbie I hope you don't mind me saying.

Very good!

Yeah, it seems a bit played out as far as punchlines go. Didn't the Slagg Bros do a similar joke with a policeman even?

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 26, 2007, 6:07 PM

Thought I'd post a couple of oldies from le dark side

Tsk!

weak and offensive

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 27, 2007, 12:04 AM

weak and offensive

Thanks for your CV. I shall put it on file.

Oh, like you never ran over a kid, GT. At least he had the good grace to go door knocking.

Thank you for all comments and I mean all. It's nice to get a mix rather than a load of "Ooooooh that's lovely. You did that all by yourself?". That is what the Mothership does. She thinks it's okay to say that at any age I'm at. If I won the nobel peace prize, I'd get "Ooooo, that's nice dear". I know it's a bit offensive and I don't tend to go that way....usually.... but I wrote this at the time to see how far comedy can go. I think whatever joke you make, it will offened someone. After all, how many people laugh at UN pc jokes or date rape jokes or abuse jokes? Yet these are real events that affect peoples lives. I am aware while some find it funny others will view it at distasteful. I do think it's important however to see everyone will have different tastes and viewpoints. Thank you again for all feedback. I do still class myself as a learner and I am always simply testing the waters.