Two Ronnies sketch

The Two Ronnies. Image shows from L to R: Ronnie Corbett, Ronnie Barker. Copyright: BBC.

The Two Ronnies

Hugely popular and long-running sketch show that established Ronnie Corbett and Ronnie Barker as two of the biggest names in British comedy

Strumpet

• Wednesday 8th April 2015, 10:04am [Edited]
  • Sitting at the PC, Australia
  • 312 posts

G'day, can anyone please help me, I am trying to find an episode of The Two Ronnies (please bare with me), in which Ronnie Barker does a sketch where he gives a speech, and some lines make up TV shows, as in Nationwide and Coronation Street, if I said he looked like Richard the Third it may help or my mind might be confusing Ronnie Barker with someone else. I can just picture Barker wearing black and hobbling around it's a bit like a Shakespeare play...

If anyone has any idea what episode is was or a YouTube link I will love you for ever, if I am totally up the wrong Gum tree can you point me in the right direction please.

Thank you

Strumpet. Wave

Paul Wimsett

• Wednesday 8th April 2015, 3:43pm
  • Folkestone, United Kingdom
  • 3,261 posts

No, it was Ronnie Barker, with Sam Kelly, I believe.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Wednesday 8th April 2015, 4:59pm
  • England
  • 16,533 posts

Reminds me of that Cockney rhyming slang skit he did when he found a Richard the Third on the pavement, picked it up and put it on a wall. :D

Strumpet

• Thursday 9th April 2015, 3:27am
  • Sitting at the PC, Australia
  • 312 posts

Thanks guys.

Strumpet

RJ

• Friday 10th April 2015, 4:28pm
  • England
  • 595 posts
Quote: Strumpet @ 10th April 2015, 2:34 AM BST

RJ Thank you so much you are amazing...

Strumpet :D

You're welcome! :)

Michael Monkhouse

• Saturday 11th April 2015, 7:53am
  • Eternal City, Italy
  • 4,241 posts

Has anyone seen that episode of 'Fawlty Towers' where Manuel misunderstands things and Basil gets annoyed with him?