2007 pilots not picked up

On variety.com/pilotwatch2007 I found a list of pilots that were made but NOT picked up for the fall 2007 schedule. Some of these are so awful I thought I would share this with you (escpecially the first one - look at the cast):

COMEDY

Area 57 (NBC U TV) NOT ORDERED
Exec producers: Mike Armstrong (writer), Dean Parisot, David Latt
Director: Dean Parisot
Cast:Jane Lynch, Matthew Lillard, Bruce McGill, Kelin Yu, Paul Reubens
Logline: Office comedy set at secret location in the Nevada Desert where the staff must watch after a crude, manipulative alien.

Business Class (NBC U TV) NOT ORDERED
Exec producrs: Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein (writers), David Bartis, Doug Liman
Director: Adam Bernstein (co-exec producer)
Cast: Horatio Sanz, Krista Allen, Peter Keleghan
Logline: The absurd and surreal adventures of two high-powered soda salesmen on a never-ending business trip

I'm With Stupid (NBC U TV) NOT ORDERED
Exec producers:Wil Calhoun (writer), Ben Silverman, Teri Weinberg, Kenton Allen, Paul Telegdy
Director: Linwood Boomer
Cast: Daryl "Chill" Mitchell, Christopher Thornton, Kevin Daniels, Lusia Strus, Brianne Davis
Logline: An unlucky guy meets a man who uses a wheelchair...and moves into his group home.

Kath and Kim* (NBC U TV) NOT ORDERED
Exec producers: Nancy Pimental (writer), Gina Riley, Jane Turner, Rick McKenna, Ben Silverman
Logline: The adventures of love and denial as only a mother and daughter could live it. Adapted from Australian format.
* Will fill in on summer sked

The Mastersons Of Manhattan (NBC U TV) NOT ORDERED
Exec producers: Gary Janetti (writer)
Director: James Burrows
Cast: Natasha Richardson, Jonathan Cake, Molly Shannon, Amanda Walsh, Brian Benben
Logline: Serialized soap about a wealthy family in NYC, centered around two socialite sisters

Wild Life (NBC U TV) NOT ORDERED**
Exec producers: David Israel and Jim O’Doherty (writers), David Kissinger, Conan O'Brien
Director: Tucker Gates
Cast: Christopher Sieber, Brooke D’Orsay, Philip Baker Hall, Mo Collins, Tracy Vilar
Logline: Workplace comedy set in an animal park
** Cast contingent

Zip (NBC U TV) NOT ORDERED
Exec producers: Ben Silverman, Marc Abrams and Michael Benson (writers)
Supervising producer: Mark Rizzo (writer)
Director: Dan Attias
Cast: Rob Heubel
Logline: In a zip code full of "haves," this is a show about the "have nots" as they hustle to join their rich counterparts.

I want to see Area 57!

What happened to 'The Minister of Divine'? You know, that Kirstie Alley remake of the Vicar of Dibley.

I hate the fact they wanted to remake it as I love the original, but I do have a morbid curiosity to see how bad it is...

I'd not heard of that one. Would love to see it though!

I think the search & rescue should get their fingers out.

The Minister of Divine was not picked up. This list is only for NBC. I'm posting another list with the rest of the network rejects.

-Erik

I'm with Aaron, I want to see the Area 57 pilot. It's strange how many are copies of foreign shows (didn't I'm with Stupid do badly in the UK?)

Quote: Erik @ September 13, 2007, 10:36 PM

The Minister of Divine was not picked up.

-Erik

Thank God (?)

Quote: Simon Stratton @ September 14, 2007, 12:54 PM

... (didn't I'm with Stupid do badly in the UK?)

If it didn't it should have done. I'm pretty sure I read that there was a second series in the works though.

(Admittedly I'm only going on the pilot here. Couldn't actually bring myself to watch the series.)

I quite liked I'm With Stupid - but then I would!

I felt it treated the subject genuinely with humour - unlike All About Me (not Ellie's thread).