Prizes

What's the best thing you've ever won? For me it has to be eighty pound worth of M&S vouchers, I ate like a king that night - a king who could afford to shop at M&S.

a place at Kings summer school? haha I spose I didnt win that though- I never win things unless theyre academic... which isnt really winning...

I won the Cavendish Prize for best Law results - a £25 book voucher even though none of their stuff is on the reading list - nice!

I won a short story competition - a £5 voucher (I was 11 at the time)

and an offer from Cambridge - only I got a B in Geography because they can't teach - Aah, the pain. The pain...

Winning academic things are the best things to win - you actually earnt them. Of course all your friends/competitors hate you after...

Same goes for Pilot - and £5 is a lot when you're 11, buys a lot of cigarettes, I mean sweets.

A scalectrix (car racing game) when I was in lower school. We had to design a christmas card that would be used in the local shopping centre and I came first.

My girlfriend of the time came 2nd. We lasted a whole week, lol.

I happened to enter a radio competition to win 2 tickets, 40 cans of strongbow and vip passes to Homelands. And i won...my boyfriend at the time got in a stressy with me cause he thought i was flirting with the radio dj so we ended up arguing on air - and THEY PLAYED IT!!! Anyway - we went and it was awesome.

I wasn't particularly a fan of Staus Quo but I won two tickets to see them on Planet Rock.

Then Rick Parfit got that cancer scare, the tour was cancelled and they sent me their current CD. It's still sealed!

One other interesting thing was a won a design for my kids primary school badge and now almost 20 years later I see these kids wearing my artwork.

Ah, we have an artist in our midst!

When I was 6 or 7 me and my friends formed a (quite fabulous) band and performed in a competition on our local radio station. We had a dance routine and everything, we had also agreed to each wear jeans and a blue top. But I came by mistake in a rather fetching blue top and mini skirt, and was not popular. Was I trying to look like the lead singer? No I wasn't.
We each won an album for our performance. The others got Bros and Michael Jackson records. I got Freddie Starr.
I suppose it served me right for the skirt thing.

ROFL

Quote: David Chapman @ September 8, 2007, 12:04 PM

I wasn't particularly a fan of Staus Quo but I won two tickets to see them on Planet Rock.

Then Rick Parfit got that cancer scare, the tour was cancelled and they sent me their current CD. It's still sealed!

One other interesting thing was a won a design for my kids primary school badge and now almost 20 years later I see these kids wearing my artwork.

Fantastic!